Game Search

Forum Search

Pages: 1 [2] 3
 Print 

Author Topic: Emulators With Built in AVI Recorders?  (Read 35791 times)
Master Noob

Videos: 0
Guides: 0

18,624 gold
Give Gold
No, it's not the Japanese flag...

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2011, 11:25:18 AM »

the VBA recorder records in horrible quality, The resolution is terribly small. I have to agree with Batman, none of them are very great, but if quality isn't really important to you, then by all means, go ahead.

All you have to do is resize the window before you start recording, then the quality is good...for the GBA
Use Your F*cking Brain!
Ultimate Gaming Machine

15,295 gold
Give Gold
I play it for fun and entertainment!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2011, 05:31:39 PM »

The built-in recorders are meant to dump the recorded footage in the native resolution of the system. Very tiny, and meant only for small and specific applications, not web streaming.

As everyone else has basically said, there are much better free methods out there for recording, and if your PC can't handle even those, perhaps it's time to address that.

Join the GameAnyone Team

How To Add Your Videos

Official Forum Rules

Quote from: Darius320
My dream job that I've been dreamed of the most is become an comedian actress and advanced gamer.
Noob

15,200 gold
Give Gold
"Zero" tolerance for bullsh*t

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2011, 09:13:56 PM »

Alright thanks for the solutions guys! I'll try and go with Cam Studio, but one thing that I need to know, is how to get Stereo Mix on a Windows Vista PC? If any of you can tell me that, then I'll be on my way. Smiley

-YouTube-Facebook-Twitter-Game Anyone-
-Wii : 6153-7922-4546-4586-Steam ID: VSigma100-
Average Player

Videos: 938
Guides: 87

91,634 gold
Give Gold
PROFESSAH, I'VE SOLVED IT!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2011, 09:39:26 PM »

If you don't have it, I don't think you can get it. It might just be disabled, have you already checked?

Noob

15,200 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2011, 11:37:11 PM »

If you don't have it, I don't think you can get it. It might just be disabled, have you already checked?

Yeah I've tried this, but it doesn't pop up.

Full Player

Videos: 18
Guides: 3

15,970 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2011, 12:36:44 AM »

I've actually got the same issue with my laptop. Sadly, certain sound cards don't support stereo mix...

The first thing that I'd recommend is to update your drivers. I've heard that some of the companies made updates that restore the functionality.Sadly, many cards such as mine... simply don't have the option.

The only other option that I've heard is a program called "Virtual Audio Cable". While I have not tested it myself and I can't vouch for it's reliability... it basically simulates stereo mix. Rather than selecting "Stereo Mix" you will select "VAC" and the program will send the sound data. It's an awkward and fairly convoluted way of solving the problem... but it's the only solution that I know.

Otherwise... I know that some screen recording software have updated the way they do things. I know that the later versions of  FRAPs can record the sound without Stereo Mix. I could be wrong... but I think I've heard the same about Camtasia's latest.
Expert Noob

Videos: 318
Guides: 17

15,054 gold
Give Gold
More classic than history!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2011, 01:00:21 AM »

Agreed, but for starters, HyCam 2 is pretty good. Just don't use the Auto codec or any, for that matter

Perhaps you are forgeting Fraps here, Fraps is also good for recording Speical my 2.9.8 version, It goes on allmost everything exept ds emulators.
Hypercam is good yes,but it doesn't have that thing as fraps has Half-size, Full-Size (Gotta have load of giga for that,but the qualty is wounderfull and you can choice what Fps you want from the 0 fps to Limited fps..

Yes by all means tis fraps version records kega with NO problems.

If you are looking for tis version, anycase to that good luck. Cheers~ Soshi

Way past cool, Are you looking for some sweet old retros? I am the man of the choice, Play again crash.

My Youtube name is Evilsoshi.

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/evilsoshi
Xbox live: BoomBoomBouble
Stream: RedBloodScorpion (aka) '' KarlssonPĆ„Taket ''
Master Noob

18,624 gold
Give Gold
No, it's not the Japanese flag...

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2011, 01:02:28 AM »

Perhaps you are forgeting Fraps here, Fraps is also good for recording Speical my 2.9.8 version, It goes on allmost everything exept ds emulators.
Hypercam is good yes,but it doesn't have that thing as fraps has Half-size, Full-Size (Gotta have load of giga for that,but the qualty is wounderfull and you can choice what Fps you want from the 0 fps to Limited fps..

Yes by all means tis fraps version records kega with NO problems.

If you are looking for tis version, anycase to that good luck. Cheers~ Soshi

Perhaps your forgetting Fraps cost money and starters who don't know if they like LPing or not wont want to risk it?
Expert Noob

Videos: 318
Guides: 17

15,054 gold
Give Gold
More classic than history!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2011, 01:05:07 AM »

Perhaps your forgetting Fraps cost money and starters who don't know if they like LPing or not wont want to risk it?
Some do throw away money by doing so while other finds it some where,if you are indeed of looking for fraps thats free, do ask google, I cant tell more.

Way past cool, Are you looking for some sweet old retros? I am the man of the choice, Play again crash.

My Youtube name is Evilsoshi.

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/evilsoshi
Xbox live: BoomBoomBouble
Stream: RedBloodScorpion (aka) '' KarlssonPĆ„Taket ''
Noob

15,200 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2011, 03:07:49 AM »

I downloaded Virtual Audio Cable, and it turns out it was the trial. Are there any freeware options like this?

Pages: 1 [2] 3
 Print 

Jump to: