Why should I sign up?
Get involved with the community.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hauppauge HD - PVR + Nintendo 64?  (Read 4543 times)
Average Player
Videos: 0
Guides: 0

81 credits
Give Credits

View Profile
on: March 07, 2011, 02:58:28 PM

Having an usual problem with the Hauppauge HD - PVR. Tried to record gameplay with it using the FRONT composite cables ... TotalMedia Extreme shows the game, but then it lags and eventually stops. What am I doing wrong, and how may I solve this problem? I see no reason why there would be no possible interactivity between the Nintendo 64 and the composite sockets of the Hauppauge.

A precise response, if existent, would be greatly appreciated. Please note that "just use a Dazzle" is not a solution to this problem, as I'm not referring to a Dazzle nor have I asked about one at any point. I'm not using splitters or anything of the sort.
Use Your F*cking Brain!
Ultimate Gaming Machine

295 credits
Give Credits
I play it for fun and entertainment!

View Profile WWW
Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 03:51:54 PM

The Hauppauge composite hookups are less than desirable at best, it's really designed for HD sources.
Mine does the same thing, and I've heard many others say the same.

Please note that "Just use a dazzle" in this case actually IS a good response, as it's what they were designed for.
Just because you don't refer to it in your post doesn't make it a valid response.

Join the GameAnyone Team

How To Add Your Videos

Official Forum Rules

Quote from: Darius320
My dream job that I've been dreamed of the most is become an comedian actress and advanced gamer.
Master Noob

Videos: 212
Guides: 21

1,058 credits
Give Credits
Gray Doesn't Rhyme with Gay

View Profile WWW
Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011, 03:13:36 PM

Try using an S Video cable on your HD PVR, Not only it will slightly improve quality but it may work.

Though I agree with the Dazzle thing. The Happauge it's made for HD systems and is not preferrably used to record with Composite, On the other hand, the Dazzle is made to record SD systems.

With Dazzle you might be able capture it in HD.
Noob

200 credits
Give Credits
"Zero" tolerance for bullsh*t

View Profile
Reply #3 on: March 28, 2011, 03:15:03 PM

"Just use a dazzle" in this case actually IS a good response,

This. The Dazzle gives you good enough quality, that'll make people want to watch your walkthrough. And really HD PVR wouldn't add anything, other than the video being in widescreen. And even if you use the Dazzle, you can chop off the black bars.

-YouTube-Facebook-Twitter-Game Anyone-
-Wii : 6153-7922-4546-4586-Steam ID: VSigma100-
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: