Game Search

Forum Search

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12
 Print 

Author Topic: Cartoon Network...What Happend?  (Read 30341 times)
Average Player

Videos: 0
Guides: 0

21,129 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« on: February 10, 2011, 07:10:58 AM »

Basically what the topic says What Happend?

I'm pretty sure as you were growing up you've flipped through channels and seen Cartoon Network even today they still do but seriously what led to the downfall. The Channel used to be something i'd watched everyday after school cause Toonami had like the best line up of shows and the original cartoons they use to show (Examples: Cow and Chicken, The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, I Am Weasel, Dexter's Lab, Ed,Edd,and Eddy,Samurai Jack,Etc...) were not bad shows. Today I watch Cartoon Network and its like not really Cartoon Network with random shows that show Real stuff like "Dude what would, Happen?, Destroy Build Destroy, and Hole in the Wall" I feel watching the channel is a waste of time and the sad fact that all the shows they use to show are all gone. Not really gone but oh randomly they'll show something old like Courage the Cowardly Dog, but I feel like whatever happened something hit the fan hard. I don't really watch tv these days except Nicktoons for Avatar: The Last Airbender, and Dragonball Z Kai, or Discovery Channel for Mythbuster's,Dirty Jobs, and anything else on that channel. Cartoon Network still has some shows i watch like Symbiotic Titan and Young Justice but that's all I watch on it these days and they're only on for one day of the week for a new episode. I think it's kinda sad though that the channel just isn't as interesting as it used to be trying to appeal to the new age of kids and teens but well I think its lame they have to go that road since broadcasting Real live action show's doesn't really make sense on a channel called "Cartoon Network". I know Nickelodeon does that but they've done if for years trying to do better than them is like a waste of time since they appeal to they're audience, but hey it television always changing for better or for worse, in the case of Cartoon Network focus on cartoon's more instead of putting in random show's like MAD or whatever Real Live Shows they're airing it's worse but someday maybe they'll go back or think of some better cartoons to appeal to people.

That's the gist of what I think is going on and how i kinda feel about it.

I'd like to know what do you think happend and how it's affected you? (if in any way) you know discuss how this once Decent Channel growing up has Declined to what it is today.
Master Player

Videos: 454
Guides: 15

84,478 gold
Give Gold
Skype name: Leelee7201

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 09:26:51 PM »

All of the good people involved with Cartoon Network either died or moved on to something else.  At the same time, children got dumber and could not comprehend the jokes in the older cartoons, which were actually quite clever sometimes.  Then the people of Cartoon Network really stuck their heads up their asses and forgot to show cartoons, replacing them with live-action bullshit.

It's sad to see the greatest television channel of my childhood so utterly ruined, but they almost completely made up for that with Adult Swim, which is possible the greatest television programming block (I don't know what to call it since it's not actually a channel) of my adulthood.

I guess basically what I am trying to say is that the decline of Cartoon Network is sad, but it doesn't affect me a whole lot because they provided some form of restitution and by now I probably would have stopped watching those kinds of cartoons anyway.  Although, I would kill for an episode of Looney Toons every once in a while.

Average Player

17,715 gold
Give Gold
Im Mushy 4 You

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 09:59:57 PM »

I used to love Cartoon Network.  Pokemon, Yu Gi Oh, Transformers...etc.  My baby was Toonami with all the good anime and adult shows.  Why did they take down Toonami.  Everyone I know loved that block.  All I have to look forward too now is Adult Swim on Saturday.  Ohh how the mighty have fallen.

M4U + GA = SMEXY
Expert Noob

Videos: 91
Guides: 3

15,918 gold
Give Gold
HARRO PREESE!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2011, 04:07:09 AM »

I used to love Cartoon Network.  Pokemon, Yu Gi Oh, Transformers...etc.  My baby was Toonami with all the good anime and adult shows.  Why did they take down Toonami.  Everyone I know loved that block.  All I have to look forward too now is Adult Swim on Saturday.  Ohh how the mighty have fallen.

My friend streamed weekly Toonami for us a little while ago. Our line-up was DBZ x2, Zoids, Pokemon, Yu Yu Hakusho, Sailor Moon, Zatch Bell, Ruroni Kenshin, and Justice League Unlimited. I think that was it. We had a great time.

Master Noob

15,000 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2011, 04:32:45 AM »

yeah toonami is was my favorite from cartoon network but now its just all boring, i dont even watch it anymore cause i can tell the entire plot of every single episode, i wish toonami was broght back, oh well

Master Player

Videos: 876
Guides: 157

91,561 gold
Give Gold
Yes...I DO play saxophone. Thanks.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2011, 04:58:14 AM »

Cartoon network is about to pull a death move and crap itself to death.  Quit watching it around four years ago.  Although it survived with me much longer than nick....about twelve years ago I gave up on them.

Hey Freakazoid want to build a Go-Kart? 

DO I??
Expert Noob

Videos: 91
Guides: 3

15,918 gold
Give Gold
HARRO PREESE!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2011, 05:26:15 AM »

Cartoon network is about to pull a death move and crap itself to death.  Quit watching it around four years ago.  Although it survived with me much longer than nick....about twelve years ago I gave up on them.

I heard Nick was bringing back CatDog this year. If they were smart, they'd trash their current shows and just air re-runs of Rugrats, Hey Arnold, and other shows like that.

Full Player

26,383 gold
Give Gold
The Gameanyone.com Greeter?

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2011, 06:34:13 AM »

Oh god, how I miss the old School Cartoon Network, Every weekday after noon I would watch Toonami, right from the begining back in 1997 when their original Lineup was Thundercats, some action-ey Hanna-Barbera cartoons from the 60s and 70s Voltron and The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest. At night I would watch the classic Looney Tunes Cartoons along with The Flintstones and what not. Even as I got older and Cartoon Network changed their line up and showed more original cartoons such as Cow and Chicken, Ed, Edd n Eddy, and Courage The Cowardly Dog, I continued to watch and enjoy. Toonami also kept my interest when they started Showing DBZ, Gundam Wing, Sailor Moon and even Ronin Warriors. But alas, as time drug on these shows were eventually pulled off the air and now we're left with the Live Action crap that no one I know of watches, fad shows like Bakugan and their Ilk. During this time the only thing keeping me watching Cartoon Network was Adult Swim and even now it's mostly reruns of Aqua Teen Hunger Force and Metalocolypse that I would watch.
Average Player

Videos: 1
Guides: 1

15,043 gold
Give Gold
YT: GamingGrinds

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2011, 05:49:51 PM »

Cartoon Cartoons ftw.

**One of the 22 original members of the Skull & Bones Society**
Master Player

16,357 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2011, 11:36:43 PM »

I used to be a Ed, Edd and Eddy junkie, I watched that show all day. We also got Dragon Ball Z here on Cartoon Network which I also watched as a child.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12
 Print 

Jump to: