Game Search

Forum Search

Achievement Guide
Final Fantasy XII The...
"Master Thief"

Successfully stole 50 times.

Pages: [1]
 Print 

Author Topic: Falling Skies  (Read 1930 times)
Semi-Noob

Videos: 149
Guides: 6

21,377 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« on: July 14, 2011, 11:36:45 AM »

Anyone watching the new series 'Falling Skies'? What do you think of it?

Youtube: www.youtube.com/HuntHerKillHer

LP's So Far: Black Ops, Killing Floor, Duke Nukem, Skate 3, Portal 2, LIMBO.
Expert Noob

Videos: 0
Guides: 0

16,143 gold
Give Gold
king of the impossible

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 04:13:54 AM »

I'm watching it..... or should I say "trying to watch it".  It's good enough I guess, but it feels more like a second season rather than a first one. I would have liked to have seen before/when the aliens arrived. I'm still not able to remember some of the character's names, which is annoying since they already know each other so well right from the start ( with very few exceptions).   The show really needs some flashbacks ( knowing more about the character's way of life before the aliens came, would let us see the changes that have occured within them ).   At times the characters have a blank look on their faces;  like they're thinking of a flashback, but they never show one.  Flashbacks would have been a good way to extend the run time so that the July 10th episode would have been the season finale ( which I think would have been the proper way to end the season). 
Maybe the show's producers saw how "The Ev3nt" 's flashbacks confused the crap out of veiwers, so they just pulled them all out.   Huh?

Master Player

17,101 gold
Give Gold
Der Mann von die Schatten des brechen Herz.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2011, 07:13:37 AM »

In a word? Rubbish.

I do agree that it feels more like a second or even third season as well.

Might have made an okay mini-series (no more than 10 hours of run-time) because the premise, while rather boring and standard fair, could have had some decent character driven moments. Like Rose Red for instance, very over-done (especially considering who wrote it) yet the characters were fantastic and just made the show.

But, in all fairness, as far as I am concerned Steven Spielburg has made to date exactly 0 good movies. He's made some -fantastically- commercial movies, but nothing good, and he's getting even worse as the years go on because he hasn't had an original idea ever, he bases everything on being the same tired-ass things over and over. Lookit, the epic journey/war thing was good, magnificent even back when it was original. But the Iliad and Odessey were millenia ago now and enough is enough.

Sincerely,

~Yoru

forlornonline2.com -- my favourite game n.n.
Semi-Noob

Videos: 149
Guides: 6

21,377 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2011, 09:43:00 AM »

I agree, its not hooking me and I also cant remember anyones names! I love the sci fi element but the rest is too cheesy. I did see moments that were interesting though. Like the origins of the skidder, and when those lanky tall aliens appeared but it seems like not much is going to be revealed by the end of the season. Im sure there will be a next season as long as speilberg is still interested in making it.

Youtube: www.youtube.com/HuntHerKillHer

LP's So Far: Black Ops, Killing Floor, Duke Nukem, Skate 3, Portal 2, LIMBO.
Noob

15,007 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2011, 02:43:59 AM »

i watched it, i was skeptical at first but its actually pretty good.

Pages: [1]
 Print 

Jump to: