Game Search

Forum Search

Achievement Guide
Crash Team Racing Nitro...
"Nitrostalgia"

Finish first on all tracks ...

Pages: [1] 2
 Print 

Author Topic: "Hoarders"  (Read 7852 times)
Expert Noob

Videos: 0
Guides: 0

15,026 gold
Give Gold
Howdy.

View Profile
« on: January 14, 2011, 05:54:13 AM »

Have you seen the show? Thoughts? I think that it is pretty sad to see people's homes in these conditions.
I recently watched the season finale, which included a man named Glen who had 2500 rats just running free. What would that look like?....lemme give you a little peek:

Dear God.......
Master Player

Videos: 442
Guides: 15

84,478 gold
Give Gold
Skype name: Leelee7201

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2011, 06:08:23 AM »

That pretty disgusting.  I think one lady's house was so bad that she actually a ton of dead cats buried under stuff in her house.  I don't remember how many, but it was more than 10, which is ridiculous already.  Hoarders is kinda cool, but the show is so gross I can't really watch it.

Semi-Expert

16,593 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2011, 06:18:32 AM »

Wow, my cat would love that place...

I've watched the show a couple times. The episode with the rats and one where a woman had a bunch of cats.

Expert Noob

15,026 gold
Give Gold
Howdy.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2011, 06:35:09 AM »

Right?!
I mean, if there are dead animals in your house or you have too many pets to keep track of their names....time to re-evaluate the situation. Yeah I stopped watching for a while after the episode where a woman had to strap herself in at night so she wouldn't fall, get wedged in, and then be suffocated by her trash in the middle of the night/starve to death.
Full Player

26,383 gold
Give Gold
The Gameanyone.com Greeter?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2011, 08:12:23 AM »

This show makes me wonder why people have the need to hoard things in the first place, what's the purpose of it? Are their lives so pitiful and sad that all they have to look forward too is collecting things or animals? Also, that's some pretty sick stuff there, all those rats... *shudders*
Master Player

16,357 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2011, 08:38:55 AM »

it's just ffing nasty  Lips Sealed

Average Player

21,135 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2011, 02:59:54 PM »

I've watched the show a few times and its sort of sad. The rat one tripped me out because this guy was so upset when they started capturing the rats. He even had a grave for a rat that had died recently and was too upset to talk about it.

I actually have some personal experience dealing with hoarding. I volunteered maybe 2 years ago to help this lady who came into my job to clean up her apartment. She had a ton of newspapers and plastic bags, plus a ton of old things from members of her family. She's gotten a little better and all, but she still collects bags and newspapers and has trouble letting things go.

Full Player

Videos: 2,047
Guides: 100

15,379 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2011, 11:41:07 PM »

I could never be a Hoarder.  I don't even own that much stuff.
Master Player

37,289 gold
Give Gold
i win

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2011, 01:19:42 AM »

i hate people who are hoarders and think all of their houses should be demolished by their municipalities. that'll learn 'em.

Master Player

Videos: 442
Guides: 15

84,478 gold
Give Gold
Skype name: Leelee7201

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2011, 01:27:22 AM »

i hate people who are hoarders and think all of their houses should be demolished by their municipalities. that'll learn 'em.

Little harsh, but I can't say that I completely disagree.

I think that people who claim to be hoarders should just learn to throw away their trash.  I know that most hoarders don't see anything as trash, and maybe I'm just being stupid or closed-minded or something, but I can't imagine how human waste, full garbage bags, and empty food containers are not considered trash.  It's one thing to collect actual things.  I've heard of family friends who keep buying cookware sets and comforters until there are stacks of them throughout the house.  While those people have a problem, I feel like their houses wouldn't be disgusting.  It's when people literally start throwing nothing away, as opposed to just collecting things beyond capacity, that turns a hoarder into a disgusting human being.

Pages: [1] 2
 Print 

Jump to: