Game Search

Forum Search

Pages: [1] 2
 Print 

Author Topic: Favorite Album of 2010  (Read 3335 times)
Director
Full Player

Videos: 3,402
Guides: 57

-544 gold
Give Gold
beep beep car

View Profile
« on: December 13, 2010, 04:32:35 PM »

I can't choose between these two because they are both amazing works of art:

Linkin Park "A Thousand Suns"
Avenged Sevenfold "Nightmare"

What is your favorite album of 2010?

Random prediction:  mrsbates90 will say Disturbed's "Asylum"  Tongue

Expert

Videos: 878
Guides: 25

16,374 gold
Give Gold
Total War Strategy

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2010, 07:23:37 PM »

The Final Frontier - Iron Maiden

Would you like a sample?

"Gunter Glieben Glauchen Globen"
Thee Cpt. AwesomeSauce
Average Player

Videos: 462
Guides: 160

64,860 gold
Give Gold
The Dude Who Plays Games

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2010, 07:38:29 PM »

Sadly the only album I bought this year was 10 Years' "Feeding the Wolves".

Kitty You're Not Helping!!!!!
Master Player

Videos: 442
Guides: 15

84,478 gold
Give Gold
Skype name: Leelee7201

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2010, 08:25:56 PM »

Gonna go with Motion City Soundtrack's "My Dinosaur Life".  It came out back in January, and I haven't really found anything good since then.

Probably, but only because it doesn't seem that Breaking Benjamin has released an album in 2010, and she has a major hard-on for them. 
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 09:25:30 PM by Leelee720 » Logged

Full Player

Videos: 0
Guides: 0

15,249 gold
Give Gold
...and then we stood still.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2010, 11:12:54 PM »

Linkin Park "A Thousand Suns"
~~~~~

Never was a big Linkin Park fan, nor did I hear any of their new album, but from what I understand, A LOT of people hated A Thousand Suns. I heard kids at school who I knew were big LP fans talking about how much A Thousand Suns was trash xD

And haha, not a bad prediction! She probably will, but that's why we love her so much ^_^ Disturbed's good, anyways.

The Final Frontier - Iron Maiden

Would you like a sample?

Go nuts! I like the occasional war metal song x] Especially since they were one of the originators.

Gonna go with Motion City Soundtrack's "My Dinosaur Life".  It came out back in January, and I haven't really found anything good since then.

I tried to get into Motion City Soundtrack, but just couldn't >.< Too light and poppy for me xP

~~~~~~~~~

As for myself, I'm caught between 5 awesome milestones in my music-listening career...

Bring Me The Horizon - "There Is A Hell. Believe Me, I've Seen It. There Is A Heaven, Let's Keep It A Secret."
Deadmau5 - "4x4=12"
Pendulum - "Immersion"
Super8 & Tab - "Empire"
Nitrous Oxide - "Dreamcatcher"

"Procrastination is like masturbation; feels good at first, but in the end you're only screwing yourself"
                                                                                  - Anonymous
Director
Full Player

Videos: 3,402
Guides: 57

-544 gold
Give Gold
beep beep car

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2010, 03:30:13 AM »

Never was a big Linkin Park fan, nor did I hear any of their new album, but from what I understand, A LOT of people hated A Thousand Suns. I heard kids at school who I knew were big LP fans talking about how much A Thousand Suns was trash xD

I will admit, A Thousand Suns is hella different, but I don't think it's meant to be listened to by each individual song, and moreso as one big 40+ - minute song as each track flows together to tell a story.

And even I didn't like it at first, but after a few listens to truly herar the music, I fell in love with it.

Full Player

Videos: 662
Guides: 32

37,226 gold
Give Gold
PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2010, 05:12:33 AM »

The new Pendulum album was pretty sweet but my favourite has to be Asylum, it's just good ol' disturbed.

Last time i had sex was in 2003 and i'm ashamed to admit that it wasn't free
Full Player

Videos: 0
Guides: 0

15,249 gold
Give Gold
...and then we stood still.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2010, 10:38:10 PM »

I will admit, A Thousand Suns is hella different, but I don't think it's meant to be listened to by each individual song, and moreso as one big 40+ - minute song as each track flows together to tell a story.

And even I didn't like it at first, but after a few listens to truly herar the music, I fell in love with it.

A lot of albums are like that for me. Like I said, I've heard barely anything from their new record, but if I did I think it would grow on me over time.

I actually prefer albums with that whole "story" feel to them. That's why I like "4x4=12" (and other works by Deadmau5, for that matter) so much. I think "Immersion" had that feel to it, as well.

The new Pendulum album was pretty sweet but my favourite has to be Asylum, it's just good ol' disturbed.

Straight up! I never get tired of either parts of "The Island," although I tend to prefer Dusk (part 1). Watercolor, although it got a little too popular, ain't half bad, either. And yeah, Disturbed, from what I've listened to by them, sorta went back to their roots with "Asylum." "Another Way To Die" is good.

"Procrastination is like masturbation; feels good at first, but in the end you're only screwing yourself"
                                                                                  - Anonymous
Expert

Videos: 878
Guides: 25

16,374 gold
Give Gold
Total War Strategy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2010, 10:51:24 PM »

Did someone say "A Thousand Suns"?  Well, Iron Maiden is "BRIGHTER than a Thousand Songs"

(song from 2006 album)

"Gunter Glieben Glauchen Globen"
Full Player

Videos: 2,047
Guides: 100

15,379 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2010, 11:06:20 PM »

I don't think I've really heard anything that great in 2010 honestly.

Pages: [1] 2
 Print 

Jump to: