Why should I sign up?
Subscribe to get email updates.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Recording DESMUME with Fraps  (Read 13772 times)
Average Player
Videos: 0
Guides: 0

81 credits
Give Credits

View Profile
on: November 26, 2010, 05:57:54 AM

Is it possible to record DeSmume with FRAPS? I tried changing the magnification filter to "Bilinear" and changing the 3D settings to "OpenGL" but that ... didn't work.

Half screen on FRAPS' "full screen" setting, full screen on FRAPS' "half screen" setting, FRAPS setting matching the screens ... nothing for all four.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Full Player

Videos: 217
Guides: 15

57,437 credits
Give Credits
Madness thy name is Nitro

View Profile WWW
Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 06:48:17 AM

DeSmume has its own recorder but it only records in avi.(at least in the best quality possible) so you better be careful on your hard drive space.
Leave the 3D settings along because it can either lower the quality (unless its necessary for speed as a last resort) or it might look unnatural.

To Record it go to file - record avi. (save it to where you want it to)  and when you do so leave its settings (full frames - Uncompressed) *my advise* (if not then experiment) with the other options and see how it will work, but I never really got the results I wanted so I leave it alone.

Make sure you don't have anything on during this, otherwise it will slow down a lot.

If that still slows it down then you might need to get gamebooster, it is free and helps reduce the amount of memory use.
The more hard drive space and memory, the better the results.

I hope this helps.

Average Player

81 credits
Give Credits

View Profile
Reply #2 on: December 08, 2010, 07:40:04 AM

Well ... it didn't, since my query regarded recording DESMUME with FRAPS and not using its .avi recorder.

Either way, thank you for your time.
Noob

330 credits
Give Credits
The man behind the mask

View Profile WWW
Reply #3 on: December 16, 2010, 04:29:36 PM

If you're using DeSmuME, your best option is the built-in recorder. Unless you absolutely MUST have live commentary, then you should get Camtasia. It records system audio too, so don't worry. Other than that, for the built-in recorder you have to toy around with it a lot, but it doesn't take much time.

Current LPs: Majora's Mask
Completed LPs: None
Future LPs: Kingdom Hearts 2
Global Moderator
Average Player

Videos: 1,584
Guides: 57

58,434 credits
Give Credits

View Profile WWW
Reply #4 on: December 17, 2010, 06:47:14 AM

If you're so intent on using fraps you can enable "Monitor Aero Desktop(DWM)" and go full screen with desmume(alt+enter) and there you go.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: