Game Search

Forum Search

Achievement Guide
Final Fantasy XII The...
"Master Thief"

Successfully stole 50 times.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
 Print 

Author Topic: The MOST DISTURBING Anime you have ever seen  (Read 18061 times)
Full Noob

Videos: 0
Guides: 0

15,029 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2010, 04:52:08 AM »

Elfen Lied

i was ganna say that but yes that was the most disturbing anime i've seen
Noob

Videos: 245
Guides: 17

12,282 gold
Give Gold
Constructum Eduro

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2010, 08:22:54 PM »

I say Elfen Lied too, though I recently watched a 5-minute clip of Barefoot Gen on YouTube and that in its own beats Elfen Lied for me, in particular as its based on a real life event (the atomic bombing of Hiroshima). It makes Raymond Briggs' When The Wind Blows look like Teletubbies. It has however got me interested and will look to see the whole film.

Average Player

Videos: 239
Guides: 6

1,016 gold
Give Gold
I see you.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2010, 08:48:37 PM »

Neon Genesis Evangelion was amazing because of the ending but, i don't think it was disturbing.  I don't think any anime I've seen disturbed me except one show that I don't remember the name of but, the only episode I saw a little of was on Cartoon Network a little way ago and it was about food fighting each other and a dude with an afro and tofu being the bad guy or he was the good guy and they were fighting in different dishes and...It was insane and I felt that drugs were needed in order to understand any of it.  I don't know if it was disturbing but, it definitely left an impression on me since I actively stopped watching anime after that.

"My grandfather built a rocking chair that rocked forward instead of backwards so he could fake interest in any conversation." - Steven Wright
Currently GA Exclusive In-Progress: Grand Theft Auto Vice City
Expert

Videos: 878
Guides: 25

16,374 gold
Give Gold
Total War Strategy

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2010, 08:53:28 PM »

Neon Genesis Evangelion was amazing because of the ending but, i don't think it was disturbing.  I don't think any anime I've seen disturbed me except one show that I don't remember the name of but, the only episode I saw a little of was on Cartoon Network a little way ago and it was about food fighting each other and a dude with an afro and tofu being the bad guy or he was the good guy and they were fighting in different dishes and...It was insane and I felt that drugs were needed in order to understand any of it.  I don't know if it was disturbing but, it definitely left an impression on me since I actively stopped watching anime after that.

Yeah, that was disguisting.

"Gunter Glieben Glauchen Globen"
Full Noob

Videos: 15
Guides: 1

15,122 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2010, 10:32:28 PM »

Go watch Bleach episode 228...ugh
"Bleach on the Beach"
This is what happens when hentai artists get to write an episode.

I was just gonna say that. Imagine if they got there hands on death note on a kira/misa scene.
Semi-Noob

15,938 gold
Give Gold
You Will Lose!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2010, 06:38:05 AM »

Disturbing huh? "Hana Yori Dango" -> "Boys before Flowers". My ex made me watch that... the whole thing, I'll have nightmares for years. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boys_Over_Flowers

But for real, there is one called "Nekojiru-So" -> "Cat Soup"  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cat_Soup

That thing is freaky... mostly cause it lulls you into a false sense of calm and then screws with your brain. It's about a boy cat that is trying to save his sister's soul after she dies.

I wouldn't say Disturbing, but one of the more freaky but awesome animes I've seen was Furi Kuri - they showed the English translation of that on Adult Swim.

I also hear that "Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt" is good, but bordering on Hentai.
Gainax just has a habit of making super high quality kick-ass animes that are on that border of disturbing and Hentai.
(Ex: Samurai Shamploo, Cowboy Bebop, Evangelion and Otaku no Video).

-Lex

Average Player

Videos: 239
Guides: 6

1,016 gold
Give Gold
I see you.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2010, 05:24:41 PM »

Yeah, that was disguisting.

Wait, am I the disgusting one or the anime I described or the ending of Neon Genesis Evangelion?

"My grandfather built a rocking chair that rocked forward instead of backwards so he could fake interest in any conversation." - Steven Wright
Currently GA Exclusive In-Progress: Grand Theft Auto Vice City
Master Player

37,289 gold
Give Gold
i win

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2010, 05:42:22 PM »

i don't even know if i'd get banned for directing people to it, but possibly the most disturbing thing i have ever seen in a manga artform is some little doujinshi (i think thats what it's called...) named "our fine merchandise".

it really highlights just how insane some of these artists can get. from what i can see it's for people with a guro fetish.

realllllllllly disgusting. in any case, if i had to choose an actual "mainstream" anime/manga, it'd probably be some parts of elfen lied or the later episodes of NGE just because of how intense they can get.

Noob

Videos: 7
Guides: 2

15,014 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2010, 11:07:26 PM »

oruchuban ebichu is disturbing and funny Smiley
Full Player

26,383 gold
Give Gold
The Gameanyone.com Greeter?

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2010, 07:00:41 PM »

Probably the most disturbing anime I've ever seen was Perfect Blue, you have a Pop Star being stalked by one very creepy looking bastard, a close second would have to be Paranoia Agent, both properties directed by Satoshi Kon if I recall right.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
 Print 

Jump to: