Game Search

Forum Search

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
 Print 

Author Topic: The MOST DISTURBING Anime you have ever seen  (Read 18062 times)
Expert

Videos: 878
Guides: 25

16,374 gold
Give Gold
Total War Strategy

View Profile
« on: October 19, 2010, 12:11:29 PM »

There are plenty of anime out there.  And there are some quite questionable ones.  But which anime, have you found the most Distrubing?  Horrific?  Traumatic?

For me, it was School Days.  I won't spoil anything.  I'll just say, I thought it was going to be a real easy, slow, nice Romance Anime.  And for a time it was.  Though the mood was always mellow.  And then it just HIT ME!  I saw the ending.  I was traumatized.  I couldn't sleep easily for more than a week.  I almost threw up.  And I've been cautious of every anime I watch now.  Always paying close attention to the tags.  And reading reviews, just so that this doesn't happen again.
It's been about 8 months since then.  And I can honestly say it was a traumatic experience for me, lol.  Because it still effects how I choose my anime.

Also, I do not recommend School Days to anyone.  How that show has such a cult following is beyond my understanding.  But at the same time, I can let it go, because other Disturbing shows, such as Higurashi no Naku Koro ni also have quite the cult following.

Now then.  What Anime have disturbed you beyond the breaking point?
Manga is fine as well.  Especially since I didn't actually watch School Days.  I read it.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 01:44:12 PM by JoeSchulz » Logged

"Gunter Glieben Glauchen Globen"
Expert

Videos: 1,894
Guides: 45

48,168 gold
Give Gold
http://i3.ytimg.com/i/nlCUlIlK2JtnSJGVs3Xl2A/1.jpg

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2010, 02:12:10 PM »

I don't have one because I don't watch anime. But I saw the ending to School Days and laughed my ass off  Cheesy
Because of that I actually now have a hint of respect towards anime.

In-Progress Walkthroughs:

United States  HMAN
Average Player

Videos: 0
Guides: 0

20,989 gold
Give Gold
Vroom Vroom Party Starter!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2010, 02:46:22 PM »

Elfen Lied

In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed!!
Master Noob
Videos: 31
Guides: 2

7,250 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2010, 02:47:10 PM »

I tend to enjoy animes like School Days and Higurashi. Cheesy So I haven't found any anime that has disturbed me, yet anyways. But I kind of doubt I will.
Expert

Videos: 878
Guides: 25

16,374 gold
Give Gold
Total War Strategy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2010, 02:59:15 PM »

I don't have one because I don't watch anime. But I saw the ending to School Days and laughed my ass off  Cheesy
Because of that I actually now have a hint of respect towards anime.

lol.  Well, I guess if I only saw, or read the end of it, without watching/reading the story, then I probably wouldn't have given a damn.  But when you feel more familiar with the characters, it really hits in.  And I do admit.  That the ending was pretty Badass.  And the last episode never aired in Japan.  They had to cut it from the broadcast.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_Days_(visual_novel)#Delay_of_finale  And oddly, it isn't really the Anime's fault, lol.

This is the cause- http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin/nn20070919a6.html  <  For anyone interested, this is the news that prevented the episode from being aired.  http://www.otakunews.com/article.php?story=1210

"Gunter Glieben Glauchen Globen"
Semi-Expert

16,593 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2010, 05:08:51 PM »

I haven't really watched many Animes. I stick to a select few. Naruto, InuYasha, Bleach (only season 3), and Yu Yu Hakusho are the only ones I ever really got into. So I can't say I've ever seen a disturbing one.

Average Player

21,135 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2010, 05:37:10 PM »

Berserk. The anime is pretty violent throughout, nothing too gross, but the last couple episodes are really creepy.

Full Player

Videos: 18
Guides: 3

15,970 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2010, 06:26:27 PM »

I've seen alot of anime, and very little of it really "disturbed" me. I've seen Higerashi and Elfen Lied, but neither really struck me as more graphic than disturbing.

Beserk actually did disturb me, but it wasn't really for the right reasons. The show was fantastic, characters were strong, story was great... and then it ended. The story didn't end... I mean the ANIME ended at the worst possible time during a very important, very emotional scene. For two weeks I searched in vain thinking that there was one more finale episode, but it was never created.

The ending actually had all of the characteristics to actually disturb me for the right reasons. It's just that it built up to the ultimate level of "Oh god no"... but never brought about any resolution.

Beserk was the only manga that I read, and that was simply because the anime ended at an absolutely terrible point. While the anime is still one of my favorites, it's unfinished ending left me a wreck for many of the wrong reasons.

Full Player

Videos: 764
Guides: 39

15,000 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2010, 06:33:48 PM »

The only anime I've ever seen was Akira, and I've seen it when I was...7. Nothing over too disturbing, but it had it's influence on me.

Life is like a dick - if it's hard, f*ck it.
United States  void
Master Noob

15,961 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2010, 12:16:34 PM »

i dont think i have found an anime that has disturbed me yet i dont really think i will i just dont get disurbed by anime although i may have found something that is a little disturbing to me at times its a manga called franken fran to be fair its meant to be disturbing so it does its job on a side note its good to see someone else likes yu yu hakusho

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
 Print 

Jump to: