Game Search

Forum Search

Achievement Guide
Mirrors Edge
"Vrooom!"

Maintain sprint speed for 30...

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12
 Print 

Author Topic: Tutorial: How to add a Walkthrough  (Read 30679 times)
Davester the awesome
Noob

Videos: 23
Guides: 2

19,444 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 27, 2012, 08:29:39 PM »

go to upload vid and select start start new walkthrough then fill out the info to begin
Noob

Videos: 0
Guides: 0

15,091 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 14, 2012, 08:06:09 AM »

Thanx for the tutorial..just one question (I am a NOOB): How do I record the walkthrough? I heard about Fraps..but I don't know if it's good for recording..
Expert Noob

15,885 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 18, 2012, 02:33:30 PM »

Thank you for the post. It has helped.
Noob

15,218 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 07, 2013, 05:49:34 PM »

Thanks for the guide. Adding videos in this format is new for me, so I'm sure to have questions about it. It seems as though the Uploader has been updated with new features since this original post.

So let me ask, when you click "Add New Walkthrough" and it asks for the type of video (GameAnyone or YouTube), will choosing either one prevent me from uploading videos in the other format? Because I could choose to embed the beginning of it that's already on YouTube, but add the rest by uploading directly to GameAnyone.

To go on, wouldn't it make more sense to continue uploading to YouTube the way I have, and reuploading the same video to Gameanyone in their format, or is that not allowed?
I'm The Wah-xas!
Expert

Videos: 2,597
Guides: 110

47,017 gold
Give Gold
Working through life one video at a time

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 07, 2013, 05:54:44 PM »

Thanks for the guide. Adding videos in this format is new for me, so I'm sure to have questions about it. It seems as though the Uploader has been updated with new features since this original post.

So let me ask, when you click "Add New Walkthrough" and it asks for the type of video (GameAnyone or YouTube), will choosing either one prevent me from uploading videos in the other format? Because I could choose to embed the beginning of it that's already on YouTube, but add the rest by uploading directly to GameAnyone.

To go on, wouldn't it make more sense to continue uploading to YouTube the way I have, and reuploading the same video to Gameanyone in their format, or is that not allowed?
No it's better to do the video for YouTube and wait for it to be added. When you choose the Game Anyone option that means you are agreeing that the video you are uploading will not be uploaded anywhere else. You use the upload to Game Anyone primarily for Game Anyone exclusive walkthroughs or for Game Anyone exclusive standalone videos.

Draw me like one of your french girls...only put clothes on me, and make me a guy.
Noob

15,218 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: February 07, 2013, 07:32:03 PM »

No it's better to do the video for YouTube and wait for it to be added. When you choose the Game Anyone option that means you are agreeing that the video you are uploading will not be uploaded anywhere else. You use the upload to Game Anyone primarily for Game Anyone exclusive walkthroughs or for Game Anyone exclusive standalone videos.

Whoa, thanks for the clarification. That could've been a problem. Something I think should be in a Terms and Agreements page if it's not already.
I'm The Wah-xas!
Expert

Videos: 2,597
Guides: 110

47,017 gold
Give Gold
Working through life one video at a time

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 07, 2013, 07:59:20 PM »

Whoa, thanks for the clarification. That could've been a problem. Something I think should be in a Terms and Agreements page if it's not already.
It actually says it in the Upload Video section. I'll ask Mace if we can put it in the instructions page for adding a walkthrough.
However doing exclusives here isn't bad either.  Tongue
If you have any other questions feel free to create a topic in this section of the forum or PM me.

Draw me like one of your french girls...only put clothes on me, and make me a guy.
youtube.com/user/thedequeue
Noob

15,061 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 13, 2013, 12:45:29 AM »

Sup guys? Kind of a nooby question, but if I were to post a walkthrough here, could I double-upload it to YouTube (if that makes sense)?
Director
Full Player

Videos: 1,434
Guides: 50

16,002 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 13, 2013, 03:06:51 AM »

Sup guys? Kind of a nooby question, but if I were to post a walkthrough here, could I double-upload it to YouTube (if that makes sense)?

To put it simply yes you can. Like Roxas mention you can do some guides on here and not upload them anywhere else, or you could do what you just asked upload on here and youtube or upload on youtube and not on here. It helps the site out when it get's outsourced.
youtube.com/user/thedequeue
Noob

15,061 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 13, 2013, 12:11:00 PM »

Oh, ok. I think I get it. I think I'll understand a little more when/if I start uploading.  Wink

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12
 Print 

Jump to: