Game Search

Forum Search

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12
 Print 

Author Topic: Tutorial: How to add a Walkthrough  (Read 33068 times)
Master Noob
Videos: 31
Guides: 2

7,250 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« on: October 17, 2010, 10:03:03 PM »

I've noticed recently that a few new member have been having trouble figuring out how to add a walkthrough to the site, so I just thought I'd make a little guide for them to help them out, since I noticed there really wasn't one, (Hope that's cool with the admins, just trying to help out a little Smiley )

First you'll have to look for the Add Walkthrough link to click which is located on the right side of the bar just above the Ad banner.

It'll bring you to another page. This page is the Add Your Video's part of the forum, where your walkthrough will wait to be approved before it gets posted on the site. Just below the Ad banner you'll see a small grey box. In that box on the left you'll see the links Newest, Complete and Finalized, on the right side you'll see an Add New Walkthrough link that you need to click.

This will bring you to a new page where you can put all the info for you walkthrough and submit it, from there you'll have to wait for it to be approved, once it's approved it'll be posted.

Hope this helps. Smiley Like I said just trying to help out the newer folks. Smiley
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 08:33:49 PM by frozenfoxy » Logged
Stealthy Master Thief
Master Expert

Videos: 1,921
Guides: 40

100,947 gold
Give Gold
Frosty cheese with a slice of backstab

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2010, 10:25:08 PM »

I changed the image widths on your post so it wouldn't stretch off the screen. Made it kind of hard to see. Looks like a good job to me otherwise.

Icy wishes,
FrozenFoxy

Aim for the moon, hope for nothing, and be surprised with what you get.

Simon: At 7AM tomorrow morning with 5 billion dollars worth of off the shelf technology, I'm gonna answer the greatest question of all time.
Ned: Why do men have nipples?
Simon: ...You're a philistine.
~The Big Bang (2011)

"Ever walk into a room and forget what you're looking for? Now what was I looking for... why are you asking you?! You don't f*ckin' know!" - Lee Evans

"Playing GTA to obey traffic laws is like playing Dead Rising to go shopping." - Alex from YT

Currently working on:

Something! I'll surprise ya.
Master Noob
Videos: 31
Guides: 2

7,250 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2010, 10:26:29 PM »

I was just about to do that. Smiley Thanks
Expert

Videos: 878
Guides: 25

16,374 gold
Give Gold
Total War Strategy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2010, 07:46:09 AM »

Can you throw in some Boldness, or colors with the actual text, to help it stand out from the images?

"Gunter Glieben Glauchen Globen"
Stealthy Master Thief
Master Expert

100,947 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2010, 04:17:14 PM »

Well, he did throw in some red ovals... albeit rather light ovals that are somewhat difficult to see... but ovals nonetheless.

Icy wishes,
FrozenFoxy

Simon: At 7AM tomorrow morning with 5 billion dollars worth of off the shelf technology, I'm gonna answer the greatest question of all time.
~The Big Bang (2011)

"Ever walk into a room and forget what you're looking for? Now what was I looking for... why are you asking you?! You don't f*ckin' know!" - Lee Evans

"Playing GTA to obey traffic laws is like playing Dead Rising to go shopping." - Alex from YT

Currently working on:

Expert

16,374 gold
Give Gold
Total War Strategy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2010, 05:04:08 PM »

Well, he did throw in some red ovals... albeit rather light ovals that are somewhat difficult to see... but ovals nonetheless.

Icy wishes,
FrozenFoxy

That's not what I meant.  I meant the actual text  (example like this)

First you'll have to look for the "Add Walkthrough" link which is located on the right side of the bar just above the Ad banner.

It'll bring you to another page. This page is the Add Your Video's part of the forum, where your walkthrough will wait to be approved before it gets posted on the site. Just below the Ad banner you'll see a small grey box. In that box on the left you'll see the links Newest, Complete and Finalized, on the right side you'll see another "Add Walkthrough" link.

Stealthy Master Thief
Master Expert

100,947 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2010, 08:16:56 PM »

Hm, I suppose that could be done. I don't think he has modification privileges on the post any longer, so I'll just go ahead and make it a bit more bold myself.

Icy wishes,
FrozenFoxy

Edit: Updated with bold, changed the color of important words, and corrected the second add new walkthrough step.

~The Big Bang (2011)

Currently working on:

Expert

16,374 gold
Give Gold
Total War Strategy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2010, 07:42:39 AM »

Awesome Foxy.  New users should have no problem with that.

And to new users:  Don't forget to keep your In Progress walkthroughs updated, or they will be scrapped after 2 weeks.
Need help actually making a walkthrough?  Check out this >Tutorial< by Skorch82.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 07:52:41 AM by JoeSchulz » Logged

Noob

Videos: 0
Guides: 0

15,016 gold
Give Gold
Gaming is only the beginning!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2011, 03:42:18 PM »

Huh? I have a problem. i need to know how i can (if its possible) can i post my videos straight to GA or do i have to post them first to youtube?
thats a question what has been in my mind for a few days
it would be nice if you could answer as quickly as possible

Current Projects:
Halo 2 (PC)
Assassin's Creed (PC)
Lord Of The Rings: The Return Of The King (PC)
Not avaible to record from XBOX 360
Tech Admin
True Gamer

Videos: 2,655
Guides: 91

1,663,612 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2011, 11:04:40 PM »

Huh? I have a problem. i need to know how i can (if its possible) can i post my videos straight to GA or do i have to post them first to youtube?
thats a question what has been in my mind for a few days
it would be nice if you could answer as quickly as possible

Currently direct uploading to GameAnyone is reserved for our Directors and Apprentices. More info here: http://www.gameanyone.com/?p=dirApply

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12
 Print 

Jump to: