Game Search

Forum Search

Achievement Guide
Final Fantasy XII The...
"Master Thief"

Successfully stole 50 times.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
 Print 

Author Topic: Do you like Disturbed?  (Read 5692 times)
Full Player

Videos: 2,047
Guides: 100

15,379 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2010, 09:07:45 PM »

I used to like Disturbed, but I haven't really listened to any of their newer stuff.  I only heard their first two albums.
Director
Full Player

Videos: 3,402
Guides: 57

-544 gold
Give Gold
beep beep car

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2010, 09:08:37 PM »

Disturbed is hella-awesome.  I haven't listened to a lot of "The Sickness", "Believe" and "Asylum" but my favorite album (so far) is "Indestructible".  I just love the overall tone of the album.  As for favorite songs, I'd have to go with "Perfect Insanity", "Down With the Sickness", and "Haunted".

Average Player

Videos: 420
Guides: 18

12,678 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2010, 12:49:25 PM »

I can't pick just one song I really like, but Another Way to Die has meaning behind it. The song is basically saying how we are destroying the world... and it's right.

Indestructible is another one I really like, and the lyrics are pretty self-explanatory.

I get what you mean. I just think Japanese rock has an even deeper meaning than lots of western bands do. You really have to listen to it to discover that, I guess. Also, Michael Jackson's Earth Song is about us messing up the world, so that kind of song's been done over. I guess that's why I'm indifferent to its meaning by now.

I really liked Indestructible and that's the song that got me listening to them. Like I said, I only have that album. As western metal bands go, I prefer Godsmack.

Master Noob
Videos: 31
Guides: 2

7,250 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2010, 01:48:27 PM »

You have a good point, but MJ's Earth Song was made in 1994, then again there have been other songs following that I believe (Might be wrong though). After the Oil spill in the Gulf, this song would have more of a impact on the newer generations, especially with that oil spill. But basically everything has been done in music at one time or another I believe.

Semi-Expert

Videos: 0
Guides: 0

16,593 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2010, 03:18:55 PM »

My first Disturbed song was Down With the Sickness. I love the song, but I hate the part where he's screaming near the end. I always skip that part. I even have a burnt CD with the song on it with that part edited out.

While I idolize Disturbed, I'd have to say going to a concert would be a slight disappointment. David Draiman had surgery on his larynx some years ago, and now his voice is distorted when he sings live. It's too high-pitched now. But I'd probably go for bragging rights if nothing else.

Average Player

Videos: 420
Guides: 18

12,678 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2010, 04:44:33 PM »

My first Disturbed song was Down With the Sickness. I love the song, but I hate the part where he's screaming near the end. I always skip that part. I even have a burnt CD with the song on it with that part edited out.

While I idolize Disturbed, I'd have to say going to a concert would be a slight disappointment. David Draiman had surgery on his larynx some years ago, and now his voice is distorted when he sings live. It's too high-pitched now. But I'd probably go for bragging rights if nothing else.

This doesn't surprise me, cos when you use your voice a lot, these things have a habit of happening. I recently got a really bad throat infection from singing to Japanese rock music every day for a couple of hours. It was bad and I got really ill, so I ended up going to the hospital for it. Some people I live with were glad that I finally shut up, though. It's still a little rough right now. I tried to sing recently and it's a bit scratchy still so I'm not gonna do it in. I can talk normally and stuff, but singing is too much for me at the moment, so I can't do it- even though I want to.

I guess he either a) sang too much b) sang out of range too much (although I hear they are trained to not do this) or c) screamed too much. Probably the latter.  Grin

United States  void
Master Noob

15,961 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2010, 06:57:09 AM »

yeah i like disturbed, can't really pick just one song but if i had to it would probably be indestructible or ten thousand fists and yeah im with you on that part with the screaming in down with the sickness, i figured it was just me though so i never bothered to say anything. i saw them in concert last month in atlanta and they were the very last band to play. i waited 8 hours for them to play it wasnt bad but most of the people left before they even started playing, i guess everybody came to see avenged 7 fold.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 07:20:25 AM by void » Logged
Noob

15,417 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2010, 08:53:11 AM »

I use to listen to disturbed but then my interests changed and I started to want to listen to heavier music.  I could of seen them live at the up roar festival but I didn't think I would enjoy myself since I don't like them any more.
Full Player

15,249 gold
Give Gold
...and then we stood still.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2010, 03:52:33 AM »

The only song I've ever listened to by them is the one that everyone's heard (you know what song I'm talking about...), so I can't really say whether I like them or not. If there's one thing I refrain from doing, it's judging something I know almost nothing about. I tend to go towards less mainstream metal, anyway.

"Procrastination is like masturbation; feels good at first, but in the end you're only screwing yourself"
                                                                                  - Anonymous
Expert Noob

15,597 gold
Give Gold
I'm a LPer so Let's Play!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2010, 03:57:38 AM »

Yes

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
 Print 

Jump to: