Game Search

Forum Search

Achievement Guide
Metal Gear Solid V The...
"Legend"

Obtain all trophies.

Pages: [1]
 Print 

Author Topic: **READ FIRST** Before Posting New Support Topics!  (Read 9426 times)
The Caped Crusader
Full Player

Videos: 90
Guides: 6

18,150 gold
Give Gold
Let's Go Space Truckin'

View Profile
« on: October 03, 2010, 02:50:01 AM »

If you're coming here to ask for help with something involving recording or editing we're more than happy to help you out. This community is a great place to ask questions; with people here having all kinds of skillsets there's a good chance someone can be of help. However, it's highly recommended that you follow a few guidelines in order to streamline the support process and help us help you. First read the forum rules (Read them here) if you haven't already. Then take note of these particular things when posting a question in this board:

1.) Search for other threads that relate to your question. This goes along with the forum rules, but deserves a special mention here. Utilize the Forum Search feature to see if anyone else has previously asked the question you have or something similar. You'll find that a lot of the time you can get the answers you're looking for that way. Also, if your question starts with "How do I...." then it's worth browsing our Tutorial section first. If you're unable to find your question already mentioned, then go ahead and make a post.

2.) Make the topic title relevant and descriptive. Don't just say "help" but instead use a brief description of your problem ("Sound Desync", "Vegas Rendering Slow", "FRAPS Not Recording Sound", etc.). This helps ensure that someone who might know something about your problem would be more inclined to actually read the thread. It also helps out people who encounter the problem later by making it easier to find using a forum search.

3.) When posting your question, be as descriptive as possible. If you can, tell us things like your operating system, your computer specifications (processor and its speed, amount of memory, hard drive speed, graphics card, etc.), which capture device or program you're using if applicable (Dazzle, Hauppauge, FRAPS, etc.), what video codecs you're using, and any things you've already tried to fix your problem. If your question involves a specific program, tell us what version it is. If it involves a specific piece of hardware, tell us all you can about it (like what model your microphone is). The more relevant information that you give us, the greater the probability that we'll be able to pinpoint your problem. If you just say "it doesn't work" then we don't really have anything to go on and can't be of much help.

4.) Only expect help for non-pirated software. This website does not condone piracy. If you're asking for help about a piece of software that you have obtained illegally, you will not get any help from us. This stems directly from the forum rules.

5.) Be respectful of others who are trying to help. This basic common courtesy will go a long way towards ensuring your question will actually be answered. Keep in mind that everyone who responds is voluntarily taking time out of their day for you. If you act like a complete tool towards them, people will be far less willing to go out of their way for you.

6.) Be willing to put forth some effort. We'll be there to help as much as possible but even if we find something that could fix your problem, if you're not willing to actually try it yourself then we can't do it for you. Willingness to use a little elbow grease can sometimes be a determining factor in whether or not your problem gets solved. Don't worry, we're not going to throw you to the wolves or anything, but you'd be surprised to find if you work at it some yourself alongside those helping you in the forum, solutions will come a lot easier.

7.) Follow up with us. Let us know if someone's suggestion solved your problem. Or if you were able to solve it yourself, post what you did. If you ask a question and then seemingly never return, we don't know whether to keep throwing out suggestions or move on. Also if we learn what fixed your problem, that information can be useful for similar situations down the road.

Following these guidelines benefits everyone. It helps you get answers as quickly as possible, it helps us analyze the situation easily and efficiently, and it helps everyone down the road who encounters something similar.

The secret to good quality videos:
I could use the S-Video splitter to my Dazzle for me to have better HD quality.
Master Player

Videos: 0
Guides: 0

17,248 gold
Give Gold
PS3 Gamer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 02:28:27 AM »

Thank goodness for this topic; it should greatly improve the ease and quality of help in the techy portion of the site.
Awesome job mate!

Quote from: Ezio
A minute is all I need!... wait... that came out wrong...
Quote from: GLaD0S
I think we can put our differences behind us... for science... you monster.
Semi-Noob

Videos: 57
Guides: 3

15,707 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 10:43:42 PM »

i do plan recording when i get my recorder on christmas so i cant wait

Pages: [1]
 Print 

Jump to: