Game Search

Forum Search

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]
 Print 

Author Topic: GameAnyone TeamSpeak  (Read 149520 times)
Tech Admin
True Gamer

Videos: 2,655
Guides: 91

1,670,301 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: July 14, 2017, 10:59:21 AM »

Sorry if this was mentioned already, but what about a GameAnyone Discord? It'd be much easier to access and I like that Discord is a lighter program. Plus it focuses less on purely voice chat and instead offers regular text chat and media sharing.

Discord wasn't even a thing when we launched our TeamSpeak. We could potentially switch, but I don't know about having both.

Expert Noob

Videos: 152
Guides: 22

35,238 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 14, 2017, 04:39:47 PM »

How much activity is there on TS?
I recall Discord being brought up here before (though I can't remember how often exactly), and could see there being some interest in it.

Maybe a poll is in order?
I personally use Discord a lot, and could imagine being a part of a GA server.

Green, green- oops, I'm new at this!
Tech Admin
True Gamer

1,670,301 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 15, 2017, 10:47:01 AM »

How much activity is there on TS?
I recall Discord being brought up here before (though I can't remember how often exactly), and could see there being some interest in it.

Maybe a poll is in order?
I personally use Discord a lot, and could imagine being a part of a GA server.

People use the TeamSpeak every day.

Sovereign
Full Player

Videos: 0
Guides: 0

1,518 gold
Give Gold
Spooked to death

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 16, 2017, 07:10:46 AM »

Out of curiosity, what's the primary reason for not being able to host both? Is it a lack of manpower since both need to be moderated?

How would you feel if someone created a thread on an appropriate board, or at least the closest in topic, seeking members for a 'fans of Game Anyone' Discord server? It seems like some of the users here would appreciate the opportunity to try something like that out.

Either that, or you could deputize some of the members strictly for Discord channel moderation. That way, the teamspeak remains unimpeded Discord fans are able to have options.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 07:29:16 AM by Sparky1728 » Logged

Mind awake, body asleep
Tech Admin
True Gamer

1,670,301 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 16, 2017, 10:02:13 AM »

Out of curiosity, what's the primary reason for not being able to host both? Is it a lack of manpower since both need to be moderated?

How would you feel if someone created a thread on an appropriate board, or at least the closest in topic, seeking members for a 'fans of Game Anyone' Discord server? It seems like some of the users here would appreciate the opportunity to try something like that out.

Either that, or you could deputize some of the members strictly for Discord channel moderation. That way, the teamspeak remains unimpeded Discord fans are able to have options.

It is both lack of manpower and my lack of knowledge for Discord. Is this something that needs to be hosted on a server, like how TeamSpeak works? You are welcome to create one!

Sovereign
Full Player

Videos: 0
Guides: 0

1,518 gold
Give Gold
Spooked to death

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 16, 2017, 09:29:11 PM »

It is both lack of manpower and my lack of knowledge for Discord. Is this something that needs to be hosted on a server, like how TeamSpeak works? You are welcome to create one!
The way that Discord differs is that it's more focused on accessibility, so you can open servers in your browser or through its lightweight client provided that you have the invite link for said server. It also has separate channels for chatting and file sharing, kinda like Slack, and regular voice chat. There are still user groups for different permissions, of course.

Server creation is free, you just pick a region and name it. I assume that means it's a dedicated server as it doesn't require the user to provide hosting space or to pay for anything, but I'm not 100% sure.

If I make it I'll provide instructions on how to join somewhere on the forum, likely on the Other Discussion board, but feel free to move that post wherever is more appropriate. Thanks for your responses on the matter!

Mind awake, body asleep

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]
 Print 

Jump to: