Game Search

Forum Search

Achievement Guide
Final Fantasy XII The...
"Master Thief"

Successfully stole 50 times.

Pages: [1]
 Print 

Author Topic: Hollywood has finally lost it  (Read 2044 times)
Master Noob

Videos: 371
Guides: 45

3,795 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« on: July 25, 2011, 06:50:12 AM »

Oh yeah they've finally lost ideas when it comes to making movies or going freaking insane with green lighting ridiculous crap....Hollywood has greenlight a live action Snow White Movie called Snow White and the Huntsman it pretty much stars...the actress who's played Bella Swan from f*cking Twilight.....and Hollywood has turned Snow White....into a warrior wearing Armor.....with Bob Hoskins playing one of the eight Dwarfs....oh yeah I said Eight....not Seven because they added an Eight Dwarf.....and yes the Bob Hoskins.....who played Super Mario saying that was one of his most disgraced roles......and here he is in a f*cking ridiculous concept....of a Warrior Snow White....I mean really Hollywood O-o Stop giving us pointless shit!
http://movies.yahoo.com/news/stewart-suits-battle-snow-white-233717853.html

And yes the is from a Yahoo New's Article from an Associated Press Article.....

twitter.com/Kaibaman41
Pandalover
Average Player

Videos: 1,961
Guides: 100

34,089 gold
Give Gold
Glitch fascination

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 11:07:28 AM »

You use a lot of ellipsis.

Also this doesn't sound like it's going to be nearly as silly as Twilight, which is a shame really, those movies were hilarious for all the wrong reasons. I also wonder if she's going to have her mouth open the entire movie again. Concept-wise though I kinda like it personally.

...I kinda want to see this now. Also is that a White Tree of Gondor on her shield? o.o
Master Player

Videos: 442
Guides: 15

84,478 gold
Give Gold
Skype name: Leelee7201

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, 05:51:03 PM »

Kristen Stewart should just not act anymore, and this movie doesn't really seem that interesting.  However, I don't think this is an indication that Hollywood has "lost it."  If anything that happened a long time ago.

Also, I don't really know how I feel about a warrior Snow White, but fairy tales go through many changes, and anyone expecting the Disney version will only see it in Disney because they water down fairy tales for their audience.  This isn't really that bad at all.

The Caped Crusader
Full Player

Videos: 90
Guides: 6

18,150 gold
Give Gold
Let's Go Space Truckin'

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2011, 06:22:25 PM »

My favorite part of that article:

"Also, I get to have a sword and stuff," Stewart said. "Really cool weapons."

Seriously though, this isn't the first time that Hollywood has taken an old story and gone a different way with it. Granted I really don't have any high expectations for this or anything, I think it's perfectly fine to take something like that and portray it in a different manner. For what it's worth though, LeeLee is right about Disney really watering it down. For example, in the plot synopsis on Wikipedia:

The queen becomes jealous, and orders a huntsman to take Snow White into the woods to be killed. She demands that the huntsman, as proof of killing Snow White, return with her lungs and her liver. The huntsman takes Snow White into the forest, but after raising his knife to stab her, he finds himself unable to kill her. Instead, he lets her go, telling her to flee and hide from the Queen. He then brings the queen the lungs and the liver of a boar, which is prepared by the cook and eaten by the queen.

[...]

As punishment for her wicked ways, a pair of heated iron shoes are brought forth with tongs and placed before the Queen. She is then forced to step into the iron shoes and dance until she drops dead.

The secret to good quality videos:
I could use the S-Video splitter to my Dazzle for me to have better HD quality.
Full Player

Videos: 2,047
Guides: 100

15,379 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2011, 08:07:54 AM »

Yeah, Hollywood lost it a long time ago.
Semi-Expert

Videos: 3,171
Guides: 106

145,251 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2011, 04:47:17 PM »

You know whats worse? It's probably based on a book. Every movie is these days because directors apparently cannot create original plots.

I don't think Hollywood has lost it. Many films in the last 10 years have been better than anything that has come out prior to that. People always say the films of that time period are bad, but honestly, there were many movies from the 90's and before that that were far more cheesy than even the cheesiest films today. The nice thing about a bad movie today is at the very least, it can still have some entertaining special effects (Transformers for example).

Twitter.com/TehNevs
Master Player

Videos: 0
Guides: 0

15,057 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2011, 11:53:32 AM »

this sounds kinda cool .... i dont like the choices they have for the actors but its sound different

Sometimes it's right to get it wrong, Live for the moment , Sing for the song - Melanie Doane
Master Player

Videos: 876
Guides: 157

91,559 gold
Give Gold
Yes...I DO play saxophone. Thanks.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2011, 10:46:58 PM »

If they'd lost it...I wouldn't give them my money.  I've enjoyed quite a few films this year.  Captain America, Harry Potter, X-men First class,  The adjustment Berau  Thor, Super 8...etc...

Maybe they are getting a little predicatable, but I don't think they've lost it.

Hey Freakazoid want to build a Go-Kart? 

DO I??

Pages: [1]
 Print 

Jump to: