Question: Would it rock?
yes - 7 (16.7%)
no - 9 (21.4%)
AWESOME! - 9 (21.4%)
stupid - 17 (40.5%)
Total Voters: 42

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
 Print 

Author Topic: Kingdom hearts movie?  (Read 11648 times)
Average Player

Videos: 509
Guides: 16

21,514 gold
Give Gold
To the stars and beyond!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2010, 03:46:20 AM »

As said, most of the Disney elements would have to be removed for this to become a legalized movie. Only exception, I would see, is if Disney was given rights or otherwise was the producer of the movie, kinda like with the most recent Prince of Persia movie, but even then, would it be a good movie? I think not; Disney movies aren't bad, but they have a bad time of living up to all the expectations of fans. Not to mention, even if they decide to keep everything from the game, they'd still have to cut out parts to keep it under 90 minutes, which would just ruin everything.

Current Projects:
Just read the list on my Youtube page; it's impossible to keep up on here anymore.

Master Player

Videos: 442
Guides: 15

84,478 gold
Give Gold
Skype name: Leelee7201

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2010, 04:19:56 AM »

Look as much as i agree usual game movies flop. But its only because the movie makers SUCK. We need actual gamers to make a movie. like get a movie director to get a bunch of passionate gamers to make the movie.

I don't really know if passionate gamers would want to make a movie.  There are as few people as passionate about Zelda as I am, yet I would never make a movie about it.  Sure, the passionate gamers would be able to write a better script and probably cast better actors than the normal movie studios, but I don't think it would ever be quite right.  The best thing to do is to leave all good video games as the good video games they are. 

Full Noob

Videos: 0
Guides: 0

15,271 gold
Give Gold
Kaw-WoW

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2010, 04:48:34 AM »

I'm going to have to agree with everyone who says it would flop. Though if it were to happen I'd much rather it be animated than live-action. I could see Pixar makign a somewhat well animated movie out of it and it would probably be pretty easy to get Disney to agree to rights. It'd be pretty interesting if you ask me.
Master Noob

15,549 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2010, 01:22:46 AM »

directors need to realize that movies based off games suck

Semi-Expert

Videos: 3,171
Guides: 106

145,251 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2010, 04:31:11 PM »

Look as much as i agree usual game movies flop. But its only because the movie makers SUCK. We need actual gamers to make a movie. like get a movie director to get a bunch of passionate gamers to make the movie.
and thats the problem. There's not enough of a following to put tons of money into producing a good movie about a game so they will always have bad film-makers. Movies about games are simply made to make some money.

Twitter.com/TehNevs
Average Player

17,688 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2010, 06:59:32 PM »

You make an excellent point there sir.

Dood, you do not insult the cuteness that is Leelee by accusing her of having the manparts!

Hmm, a kingdom hearts movie in Live action is just to iffy. Half the characters are form Disney, and are shaped in a way you couldn't use a live actor for, so you'd use CGI (Mickey for example, or Jack skeleton their body structure just can't be mimiced by an actor in makeup) and if your using heavy CGI anyway, why make it live action, the freedom you have when using only voice actors is alot greater. I think it could work as a cartoon/CGI thing..NOT as a live action movie.

I came, I saw, I conquered.  - Julius Caesar

If you can hear the shot, i'm doing it wrong - Snipers: The mentality

~Nosgard Silverclaw~

Ps3 ID: nosgard
Average Player

Videos: 1
Guides: 1

15,043 gold
Give Gold
YT: GamingGrinds

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2010, 09:45:47 PM »

THEY SHOULD NEVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES MAKE A MOVIE BASED OFF A GAME OR A GAME BASED OFF A MOVIE!!!

I had to put that in all caps to express just how important this point is. It won't stop people from trying to make movies like this, but it ALWAYS flops.

As a somewhat stand-alone franchise when compared to the games, I have to say I enjoy the Resident Evil movies quite a bit. The third, Extinction, was a bit...bleh. Maybe because the environments weren't familiar in any way, but they are starting to mirror the games a little by bringing Tricell and various characters.

Basically, even though the movies only vaguely use characters, environments and overall story, I personally think they've done pretty well. Just got Afterlife to wait for, which I think is the last one.

**One of the 22 original members of the Skull & Bones Society**
Average Player

15,007 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2010, 06:50:43 AM »

In my opion it would be to hard to make a movie based off of the Kingdom of Heats, since there tons of disney characters, Final Fantasy characters and Pirates of the Caribeean characters.  And they would have to rewrite basically all of the the disney movies. I would think it would to much hard work to make a movie like this.

AWS
Master Player

Videos: 442
Guides: 15

84,478 gold
Give Gold
Skype name: Leelee7201

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2010, 08:34:18 AM »

It is because of the Disney aspect, and the fact that these classic Disney movies would need to be rewritten, that a movie based on Kingdom Hearts should either have no Disney element at all or should not be made.  A lot of work would have to be done on a script, but it is possible to eliminate the Disney part of the story and still have a decent plot that makes sense.  So basically it could be about Sora, who lives on Destiny Islands and wonders what else is out there, who visits other, original worlds and saves them from the Heartless.  The writers could take out all of the Disney characters and worlds and the Final Fantasy characters. 

The downside to this, however, is that with Disney gone, Kingdom Hearts just isn't that cool.  The reason I bought the game was because I wanted to play in the various Disney worlds.  The movie could either have Disney rewrites in them and be kinda bad, or have a decent original story and no reason to see the movie. 

Yeah, overall, I still say bad idea.

Dood, you do not insult the cuteness that is Leelee by accusing her of having the manparts!

Lol, you're funny, and thank you for defending me.

United States  abe
Expert

35,560 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2010, 12:02:59 AM »

It is because of the Disney aspect, and the fact that these classic Disney movies would need to be rewritten, that a movie based on Kingdom Hearts should either have no Disney element at all or should not be made.  A lot of work would have to be done on a script, but it is possible to eliminate the Disney part of the story and still have a decent plot that makes sense.  So basically it could be about Sora, who lives on Destiny Islands and wonders what else is out there, who visits other, original worlds and saves them from the Heartless.  The writers could take out all of the Disney characters and worlds and the Final Fantasy characters. 

The downside to this, however, is that with Disney gone, Kingdom Hearts just isn't that cool.  The reason I bought the game was because I wanted to play in the various Disney worlds.  The movie could either have Disney rewrites in them and be kinda bad, or have a decent original story and no reason to see the movie. 

Yeah, overall, I still say bad idea.
just a thought, maybe the film could be MADE by disney?

Hello everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
 Print 

Jump to: