Game Search

Forum Search

Achievement Guide
Resident Evil 4
"What Are They Worth?"

Acquire all of the bottle caps...

Pages: 1 [2] 3
 Print 

Author Topic: BBCode Tutorial  (Read 26598 times)
Master Noob

Videos: 984
Guides: 53

5,339 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2010, 10:32:50 AM »

No that is just how big the picture is Width and Height. You just writh

You can find out the picture adress by going to google and use firefox and search for picture.

Like i did with lara croft. Then right click on it and choose copy picture adress. This is so the picture shows.

You can do it with your own pictures to you just have to go to a website that you can upload pictures.

This is a example of a website you can use to upload pictures: http://imageshack.us/

this is what i use if there is some picture i want to upload really fast and easy.

I don`t know if i am allowed to show the weblink but yeah in other words search for Imgshack.us

and if you are asking about how to use the code and the picture to get the picture size down do this,

[img width= Height=]http://Put Your Picture Adress Here[/mg]

just an example  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 10:41:24 AM by Setw88 » Logged

I LOVE TO MAKE WALKTHROUGHS AND LET`S PLAYS

FROM NORWAY WITHLOVE

Master Player

Videos: 0
Guides: 0

17,248 gold
Give Gold
PS3 Gamer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2010, 12:23:18 PM »

Sorry I forgot to include that, the image url goes in the same place it always does.
In between the
Code:
[img][/img]
tags... just like setw88 showed.

Quote from: Ezio
A minute is all I need!... wait... that came out wrong...
Quote from: GLaD0S
I think we can put our differences behind us... for science... you monster.
Full Player

15,249 gold
Give Gold
...and then we stood still.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2010, 02:50:20 AM »

How do you image source? I just made an awesome banner on Photoshop, saved it for web and devices as a GIF, and have been trying to get it from my folder into my signature ever since. I've tried the regular image tag (with the link), but had no luck. I think I'm doing something right, though, since I tried it again and got a blank signature instead of one with all the broken BB/HTML code showing. Any help, Pen?

By the way, sorry if I sound like a complete idiot. I just started taking a web-authoring class and only know the basics.

"Procrastination is like masturbation; feels good at first, but in the end you're only screwing yourself"
                                                                                  - Anonymous
Average Player

Videos: 523
Guides: 58

13,650 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2010, 08:40:31 AM »

have been trying to get it from my folder into my signature ever since.

You can't use BB/HTML code with images from your HDD. You need to upload them to image host and from there you will get a link to your image which you place in BB/HTML code.

Your HDD images will work only on local websites, on any other website you have to either upload to imagehost or if you're the admin, upload directly to the site and use it from there.

Master Player

17,248 gold
Give Gold
PS3 Gamer

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2010, 05:50:23 PM »

xIntenso is spot on.
You have to upload your image to an image host (imageshack, photobucket, etc...) and then use the link that the host provides in the HTML for your signature.
Hope that works!

Full Player

15,249 gold
Give Gold
...and then we stood still.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2010, 07:24:21 PM »

You can't use BB/HTML code with images from your HDD. You need to upload them to image host and from there you will get a link to your image which you place in BB/HTML code.

Your HDD images will work only on local websites, on any other website you have to either upload to imagehost or if you're the admin, upload directly to the site and use it from there.

xIntenso is spot on.
You have to upload your image to an image host (imageshack, photobucket, etc...) and then use the link that the host provides in the HTML for your signature.
Hope that works!

Thanks, guys. I'll give that a shot right away.

*UPDATE* What do you think?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 08:09:04 PM by CarbonFrost » Logged

"Procrastination is like masturbation; feels good at first, but in the end you're only screwing yourself"
                                                                                  - Anonymous
Master Player

17,248 gold
Give Gold
PS3 Gamer

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2010, 02:25:46 AM »

Thanks, guys. I'll give that a shot right away.

*UPDATE* What do you think?
Shmexy!

Noob

15,202 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2010, 09:40:56 PM »

So lets say I want to add my psn or xbl gamer card do I do the same thing or do I go for  another method. Sorry for the newbish question but I am new to html coding. Actualy I hardly know any codes just the basic from windows live messanger which were tought to me by my friend. She spent hours trying to teach me them to lol. I achieved it though Smiley
Master Player

17,248 gold
Give Gold
PS3 Gamer

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2010, 02:40:59 AM »

The forum signatures on this site use html coding which is slightly different than bbc... basically the gamertag/trophycard site that you use should give one of their links as an html link, which you should copy and paste into your signature.

15,007 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2011, 11:52:22 AM »

bbc is another style of coding wherein you have to use [ ] instead of <>.. but there are a bit similar though.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
 Print 

Jump to: