Game Search

Forum Search

Pages: [1] 2
 Print 

Author Topic: How to watermark correctly?  (Read 6075 times)
Average Player

Videos: 0
Guides: 0

15,940 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« on: July 01, 2010, 08:47:09 AM »

I searched for this on the forums and I couldn't find anything, but if there is a tutorial on it, please locate me to it. Anyways, take a look at my Singularity walkthrough and you'll see my watermarking, it's not in the right down corner as it's supposed to, its a little bit too much to the left and up :S help someone please!
Expert

Videos: 878
Guides: 25

16,374 gold
Give Gold
Total War Strategy

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 12:16:16 PM »

Some Similar topics:

BUT.  To give it to you straight.  Depending on what you use to edit your videos, you'll probably use a different method to watermark.  With Sony Vegas, you can overlay text, wherever you want, with many color features and such, straight on to the video.  But with Camtasia Studio, you must make your watermark from an outside program, (like paint, or GIMP)  I recommend GIMP.

But really, it's just about making Text over a transparent backward, and then adding some features.

I ask, do you need help making the watermarks?  Or knowing how to put them in the video?  Or maybe knowing WHERE to put them int he video?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 12:31:55 PM by JoeSchulz » Logged

"Gunter Glieben Glauchen Globen"
Most Boring Walkthrough Guy Online
True Gamer

15,000 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2010, 12:30:01 PM »

Just try to be as creative as your imagination will allow with this, transparency is also very nice if done correctly with watermarking.
Average Player

15,940 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2010, 01:57:31 PM »

Okay I see, I watched some Youtube videos and man they had some other methods, I think I've done it the lazy way really. But in my Singularity walkthrough it's not where I want it to be, but I guess it doesn't really matter when you make a good transparent effect.
Expert

Videos: 878
Guides: 25

16,374 gold
Give Gold
Total War Strategy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2010, 04:45:27 PM »

Okay I see, I watched some Youtube videos and man they had some other methods, I think I've done it the lazy way really. But in my Singularity walkthrough it's not where I want it to be, but I guess it doesn't really matter when you make a good transparent effect.

You know, if you just are worried about how the watermark works, I could show you how to do it over skype (or even make some for you.  I love doing it, and have over 30 in my collection already).  Also, it's a good idea to get to know your voice, as my buddies say that's one of the main things they want to know, if you are gonna do Diablo II with us.  skype me at "joeschulz78", and I'll show you how to make good watermarks, and introduce you to my group.  kk  YES?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 04:57:19 PM by JoeSchulz » Logged

"Gunter Glieben Glauchen Globen"
Average Player

15,940 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2010, 09:38:01 AM »

Well now I'm having another problem :S Now I can't even use Text Media, I switched to Sony Vegas 8 because I had 9 before. And now it sais something about COM when I click Insert Text Media Sad
Average Player

15,081 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2010, 03:55:16 PM »

Assuming no mistake here, you can basically watermark in one of two ways.

- You can create the watermark beforehand using the appropriate program (GIMP or Adobe Photoshop readily come to mind). When using Photoshop, the watermark can be structured such that it conforms to the resolution you have planned for your videos, such that it would be a precise fit. You would then use Sony Vegas Pro 9 to fit the two pieces together.

- You can also create an intro (lasting the maximum of 10 seconds) which would have some audio or visual representation of GameAnyone.

- You could also simply establish the watermark using your commentary as some individuals do.

I'm now going to assume that you also want to know where to place a watermark. Well, any of the four corners will do, but you may want to take it off the corners just a little bit.

Hope this helps.
Master Noob

16,314 gold
Give Gold
Spazzing On Red Cordial Since 88!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2010, 10:55:03 AM »

Just a heads up though, I wouldn't watermark in the bottom left-hand corner because as soon as your LP Guide is uploaded onto this site the staff add their own personal WM in that exact space and sometimes it can look somewhat tacky if one is on top of the other.

Just a suggestion, duder! Cool

Smiley GOOD EVENING FORUM USER. I'M A SIGNATURE VIRUS. COPY ME INTO YOUR SIGNATURE TO HELP TO ME PROSPER. & TAKE OVER!
Master Noob

13,974 gold
Give Gold
The monkey comes for you!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2010, 02:53:02 PM »

The GA WM is allways in the bottom right corner.
Not the left.

Providing the best quality that i can.
Praise be Swedish Interwebz
Average Player

15,081 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2010, 01:58:30 PM »

Another thing to consider about watermarks:

Aside from the watermark automatically placed on videos here at GameAnyone, whenever a walkthrough is completed, there is something else you ought to consider.

Where the watermark ought to be placed also depends on the game itself. For instance, if you consider a Castlevania game, you know that the top of the screen is usually filled with an inventory of sorts. So, you wouldn't want to place a watermark there. It's very tacky to see a watermark in an area of a video where it clearly doesn't belong, since that space is already occupied.

Hope this helps as well.

Pages: [1] 2
 Print 

Jump to: