Game Search

Forum Search

Achievement Guide
Silent Hill 2
"Hard to Hit"

Receive less than 500 points...

Pages: [1] 2 3
 Print 

Author Topic: Tutorial: How to record PSP Games  (Read 33065 times)
Full Player

Videos: 0
Guides: 0

15,145 gold
Give Gold
Bombing the world's games

View Profile
« on: March 26, 2010, 09:18:25 PM »

In this forum post, I am going to teach you how to record psp games straight from the real psp:

NOTE: REMEMBER, hacking your psp is on your own risk. It can end up with bricking it, and then you can't use it anymore. So follow the instruction closely when hacking your psp system.

Step 1.
First you have to hack your psp. I am not going to show you that. Go and search on google or youtube on how to hack your psp.
It is legal to hack your psp, but it is not legal to play games you don't own on the psp. Here we are just going to install a program called Remotejoylite.

Step 2.
When you have hacked your psp, then you have to connect your psp to your computer, and go to usb-mode on your psp. First you have to download the program called Remptejoylite - http://www.sendspace.com/file/l9ab1s - After you have downloaded it, then extract the file into a new folder to keep it in one place. Now open up your psp on your computer and find the folder called Seplugins. Move the file called RemoteJoyLite.prx, and the open up the file vsh.txt. Write in the vsh the following sentence: "ms0:/seplugins/RemoteJoyLite.prx 1". Do the same in the game.txt file. Some doesn't have the vsh file. Then you just ahve to create one with notepad or something. Now turn off your psp, and then turn it on again, but in the mean time hold down the R button. Now you should get into the recovery. Now go to plugins, and enable all the plugins something with remotejoylite. Then exit and continue to the psp xmb. Now try open up the Remotejoylite.exe file while the usb is connected to the pc. Then your psp screen should show up.

Step 3.
The usb does not transfer the audio, so you need a audio cable Male to Male. You can get these in pretty much all stores, and they cost about 1$. Put the audio cable into the audio input (headphone imput), and the other end plug in to the microphone input of your pc. Now you should have it all ready to record.

Step 4.
I am recommending using Fraps, and when you are going to record with sound, you have to record from the microphone input, because the audio is transfered through it. Now you are able to record the psp game footage and do walthroughs.

NOTE: If you want to do commentaries, then i think you can find a splitter so it will record your microphone and the game audio. Or you can buy a usb microphone, and record the microphone audio with an other program.

Semi-Expert

Videos: 3,171
Guides: 106

145,251 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 07:47:48 PM »

thanks for this, getting ready to hack my PSP and record some PSP games soon. I have the old Fat PSP 1000

Twitter.com/TehNevs
Semi-Expert

145,251 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 02:33:02 AM »

as far as I can tell fraps doesnt record the microphone input, am I doing something wrong? using version 2.9.8

Twitter.com/TehNevs
Master Noob

15,000 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 11:26:00 AM »

as far as I can tell fraps doesnt record the microphone input, am I doing something wrong? using version 2.9.8

You can record microphone only using FRAPS 3+ version.
Semi-Expert

145,251 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2010, 07:49:39 PM »

You can record microphone only using FRAPS 3+ version.
I'll have to get me a copy

Twitter.com/TehNevs
Master Noob

13,974 gold
Give Gold
The monkey comes for you!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2010, 09:18:55 PM »

I think only Win 7 works that way with Fraps 3.0+
Since XP and Vista(If i recall correctly) wont act like the Mic is a separate sound line. They just mush it together and cuts out, say, what you hear in VT for example.

I tried with my XP and it didn't work.

Providing the best quality that i can.
Praise be Swedish Interwebz
Average Player

Videos: 938
Guides: 87

91,634 gold
Give Gold
PROFESSAH, I'VE SOLVED IT!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2010, 12:20:33 AM »

I think only Win 7 works that way with Fraps 3.0+
Since XP and Vista(If i recall correctly) wont act like the Mic is a separate sound line. They just mush it together and cuts out, say, what you hear in VT for example.

I tried with my XP and it didn't work.

No, it works with Vista too. For XP, now that Camtasia 7 features recordability for PC input and Mic input would be a nice alternative. I don't actually know if it works on XP though, but I can't see why it wouldn't

Full Player

15,145 gold
Give Gold
Bombing the world's games

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2010, 05:40:33 PM »

No, it works with Vista too. For XP, now that Camtasia 7 features recordability for PC input and Mic input would be a nice alternative. I don't actually know if it works on XP though, but I can't see why it wouldn't

It works for XP. I haven't tried i, but many sites on the web, are saying that it works on XP. Or it says that it works on 3.2.2

Semi-Expert

145,251 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2010, 09:05:44 AM »

just thought I would add. Your note in red. If you purchase a Pandora Battery for 5$, there is no risk for bricking because you can stock restore your PSP with it. I would recommend purchasing a Pandora battery to anybody looking to get custom firmware on your PSP, it's the simplest way to do it.

Twitter.com/TehNevs
Master Noob

15,182 gold
Give Gold
Fart is my name and fart is my game........(fart)

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2010, 12:34:59 PM »

ok i got the remote joylite but where can you get a psp USB cable and i heard you need something called the psp driver ,what is that and do you need it  Huh?

Fart is my name and Fart is my game...............(Fart)

Pages: [1] 2 3
 Print 

Jump to: