Game Search

Forum Search

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
 Print 

Author Topic: Did you like Dragon ball Z while you were growing up?  (Read 14428 times)
Semi-Noob

Videos: 0
Guides: 0

15,256 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2010, 09:33:51 AM »

Aw man i loved DBZ i remember when i was like 4 when i  first saw DBZ watched raditz knock krillin out but my fav char was goku just because he didnt fight to kill but  to get better
Noob

15,295 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2010, 09:57:14 AM »

Actually, I really liked DB and Sailor Moon growing up. I would watch Sailor Moon before I had to leave for school and then DB when I got home from school. LOL. The fights got kind of freaking days long (like how Bleach is becoming now), but all in all, I loved DB.
Full Player

Videos: 217
Guides: 15

72,437 gold
Give Gold
Madness thy name is Nitro

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2010, 11:30:55 PM »

I use to be hyped up growing up watching DBZ from start to finish. It was incredible seeing so much fighting and awesome action.  Now they have dragonball Kai, which to me kills it. I would leave it alone and let it be remembered as a very hype up anime show with loud screams, comedy, and loads of fighting. I love anime and still do today.

Master Player

17,248 gold
Give Gold
PS3 Gamer

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2010, 09:12:09 PM »

Watched all of dbz, a good bit of dragonball when i was younger, and none of gt... It was great and ma faves are future trunks and SS4 Gogeta (obviously)...
But looking back on it the most annoying thing was hours and hours of people just staring off before a battle or pointless filler dialog... loved the series as a whole tho, made up a good bit of my younger childhood

Quote from: Ezio
A minute is all I need!... wait... that came out wrong...
Quote from: GLaD0S
I think we can put our differences behind us... for science... you monster.
Average Player

Videos: 509
Guides: 16

21,514 gold
Give Gold
To the stars and beyond!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2010, 09:33:53 PM »

DBZ was a pretty okay anime. After all, who doesn't enjoy seeing someone get kicked in the nuts, through twenty mountains, and cause massive property damage? But, overall, that was kinda it; nothing but fighting. Not much actual plot to the entire series, which could possibly be told in nothing more than a single paragraph.

Current Projects:
Just read the list on my Youtube page; it's impossible to keep up on here anymore.

Semi-Expert

Videos: 3,171
Guides: 106

145,251 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2010, 09:50:30 PM »

DBZ was a childhood favorite of mine. I still enjoy seeing it whenever it pops up places. A couple of years back I watched through GT as well, it was pretty good too.

Twitter.com/TehNevs
Expert Noob

Videos: 1,171
Guides: 69

15,097 gold
Give Gold
The RTS King of GameAnyone

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2010, 01:59:31 AM »

DBZ was a pretty okay anime. After all, who doesn't enjoy seeing someone get kicked in the nuts, through twenty mountains, and cause massive property damage? But, overall, that was kinda it; nothing but fighting. Not much actual plot to the entire series, which could possibly be told in nothing more than a single paragraph.

Nothing but fighting? are you joking. It was 19:40 of talking and looking at the last episode and what's going to happen in the next episode and :20 of fighting shoved in between.

Anyway I loved this show, and still watch it, recently bought the FUNI 9 series and need just the last 3 of Dragonball. I remember the marathons at the weekend of Toonami, I had everything apart from Cell games on a VCR from taping those marathons.

Squeezer to the dome! BUHGEEEEE!
Director
Full Player

Videos: 1,870
Guides: 115

666,893 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2010, 02:08:19 AM »

I used to watch DBZ everyday after school when I was a kid. My favorite character was Vegeta.

To me, DBZ is still the prototypical anime.  Too bad it's actually in the top 1% of all anime (I think, anyway.  Not a huge fan of anime, but I do like some series).  Of course, Dragon Ball Z Abridged is some of the funniest stuff on the internet right now.  Check them out, why don't you?

TEAMFOURSTAR FTW!!!  Smiley

"Button, button, who's got the button?"
A better question is why were they allowed to remove the damn button in the first place? That button is an integral part of our security systems.
Full Player

Videos: 1,330
Guides: 48

15,292 gold
Give Gold
Nintendo walkthrough? You got it!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2010, 02:31:11 AM »

Hmm... my step brothers and I would constantly watch DBZ growing up (because Nick Jr. was on a lot and there wasn't really anything else on). Some episodes were really epic, especially the Buu and Frieza saga, but other episodes not so much. But yeah, DBZ was a really awesome anime when I watched it. The only thing I probably have against it though is that most people watched the show for the action, yet there were entire episodes of talking between fighting episodes, which really annoyed not just me, but a lot of people as far as I know. Still a good anime.

Current walkthroughs:

Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door - 12% done
Pokemon White - 50% done
Pokemon Colosseum - 30% done
Noob

15,136 gold
Give Gold
Greatest Villian ever!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2010, 11:01:24 PM »

when i was a kid this was the only thing my brother and i agreed upon.... DBZ was sweet

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
 Print 

Jump to: