Game Search

Forum Search

Pages: 1 [2]
 Print 

Author Topic: Anybody ever hear Trance music before?  (Read 5415 times)
Semi-Noob

Videos: 0
Guides: 0

15,479 gold
Give Gold
Don't stop 'til the panties drop!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2010, 11:13:45 PM »

I can't stand electronic music. Music, in my opinion, should be a form of human expression. Music is the language of emotion, the only emotion trance displays is the feeling right before you puke in a club after a few too many vodka sours. I like some rock, metal, reggae lots of classical, a bit of rap, the only criteria for good listening is that someone wrote the music with some sort of passion. Electronic music is just that, as cold and emotionless as a machine. Maybe because it was created on a machine, by people too lazy to learn a real instrument or write a real song. 

Master Noob

18,030 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2010, 12:57:54 AM »

Electronic music can be equally expressive and passionate. As with any genre of music what comes to general attention is usually a watered down version.

Take Kid Beyond he mixes many many styles but utilises a lot of  electronic music tropes to add layered samples to create an effect beyond (no pun intended) anything other beatboxers can do.

A brilliant rendition of a Portishead song using multiple sample layers.

A NIN cover without layering

This one is a bit long but a personal fave.

While i would not say it was trance per se nor what most would consider electronic but it is definatley done with passion and human expression.

Semi-Noob

15,479 gold
Give Gold
Don't stop 'til the panties drop!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2010, 02:28:38 AM »

Electronic music can be equally expressive and passionate. As with any genre of music what comes to general attention is usually a watered down version.

Take Kid Beyond he mixes many many styles but utilises a lot of  electronic music tropes to add layered samples to create an effect beyond (no pun intended) anything other beatboxers can do

While i would not say it was trance per se nor what most would consider electronic but it is definatley done with passion and human expression.

Your argument is that he is good at stealing other peoples songs and butchering them? If he was truly taleneted he'd write his own damn songs.

Full Player

15,145 gold
Give Gold
Bombing the world's games

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2010, 10:55:40 AM »

Ya I like trance. I have been listen to that kind of music in a pretty long time, and I have hours of music in that genre. But after listening to it all, then I am getting a bit tired of it, because it sounds all the same. But I am still listening to it sometimes.

Now I am actually more listening to Techno, Rock and Rap.

Master Noob

18,030 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2010, 03:57:48 PM »

Your argument is that he is good at stealing other peoples songs and butchering them? If he was truly taleneted he'd write his own damn songs.

Your argument is invalid as Deep inside is as far as i believe an original piece. And if you actually watch the vids you will realise that the layered samples are produced by his own voice and not just lifted straight from a record in the way that somebody like Fat Boy Slim or Moby would do.

Expert Noob

Videos: 28
Guides: 4

12,149 gold
Give Gold
GameAnyone's Personal Lawyer

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2010, 02:57:54 PM »

I'm not even certain what Trance music is. I have probably heard it before without knowing it ...

Could someone list some examples? Songs, artists?

"You're not supposed to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who says it."
 - Malcolm X
Master Noob

18,030 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2010, 03:47:48 PM »

http://www.last.fm/tag/trance/artists

Full Player

15,145 gold
Give Gold
Bombing the world's games

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2010, 05:01:42 PM »

I'm not even certain what Trance music is. I have probably heard it before without knowing it ...

Could someone list some examples? Songs, artists?

Well it is generally just a "slower" version of techno.

Full Player

15,249 gold
Give Gold
...and then we stood still.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2010, 12:22:06 AM »

I can't stand electronic music. Music, in my opinion, should be a form of human expression. Music is the language of emotion, the only emotion trance displays is the feeling right before you puke in a club after a few too many vodka sours. I like some rock, metal, reggae lots of classical, a bit of rap, the only criteria for good listening is that someone wrote the music with some sort of passion. Electronic music is just that, as cold and emotionless as a machine. Maybe because it was created on a machine, by people too lazy to learn a real instrument or write a real song. 

That's your opinion, and you're entitled to it. I guess I can't really fight back.

"Procrastination is like masturbation; feels good at first, but in the end you're only screwing yourself"
                                                                                  - Anonymous

Pages: 1 [2]
 Print 

Jump to: