Game Search

Forum Search

Achievement Guide
Final Fantasy XII The...
"Fated Meeting"

Rescued the Princess of...

Pages: [1] 2
 Print 

Author Topic: Anybody ever hear Trance music before?  (Read 5364 times)
Full Player

Videos: 0
Guides: 0

15,249 gold
Give Gold
...and then we stood still.

View Profile
« on: January 24, 2010, 01:19:11 AM »

I'm probably the only kid in South Jersey who has a true love for Trance music. Most of my friends are either metal heads or hip-hop fans. Not me, though. I am breaking the mold!

Don't get me wrong, I love rock, metal, punk, some rap, etc. Hell, The Offspring is one of my favorite bands of all time. But Trance music has that special quality to it. It just gets rid of all the crap in your head and brings in the good stuff. There's something about the melodic undertones of it that's so epic. It can pump you up when you're working out, chill you out before bed, or pick you up when you're down. It's a universal genre.

That's another thing that makes Trance and other types of electronic music so great. Since it doesn't rely too much on lyrics or vocals (there are some exceptions), it can be enjoyed and understood by people around the world. It brings so many people together at events, especially in Europe.

Overall, if you've never heard of Trance music before, then you should definitely give it a shot. Try bands like Above & Beyond, Kyau vs. Albert, or Infected Mushroom. Or solo DJs like Ferry Corsten, Tiesto, Paul van Dyk, Armin van Buuren, Markus Shultz, or Deadmau5. Be open-minded!

If you are already a Trance nut or enjoy a song every once in a while, then give me some feedback! Who are some of your favorite DJs? What sub-genres of Trance do you like? I need some body to relate to Sad My main group right now is Above & Beyond. I never miss an episode of Trance Around the World (their radio show). They also can rock a party like no one else.

Anyway, thanks for reading. Hopefully I'll be able to game with you guys sometime on PSN.

P.S. Leave your "Techno is so gay" comments at the door, because that's just plain f*cking arrogance. And for the record, I'm perfectly straight.     

"Procrastination is like masturbation; feels good at first, but in the end you're only screwing yourself"
                                                                                  - Anonymous
Master Noob

Videos: 343
Guides: 8

14,915 gold
Give Gold
The unknown guy

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 01:31:19 AM »

How can you not have heard of trance? Anyways, I listen to it quite a bit. Been listening to Scooter more so recently. But that's techno. Not exactly trance.

Currently recording:
Tales of Eternia
Sands of Destruction
Semi-Expert

Videos: 94
Guides: 13

15,173 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010, 04:52:56 AM »

Yea but its not really my thing.

Master Noob

Videos: 343
Guides: 8

14,915 gold
Give Gold
The unknown guy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010, 10:38:06 AM »

I like trance music quite a bit lol

Currently recording:
Tales of Eternia
Sands of Destruction
Expert Noob

15,885 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2010, 11:32:16 AM »

Trance and Techno are really fun. My friends tend to laugh because the only reason I got into it was from rolling a lot back in high school.
I still listen to it on occasion.
Full Player

15,249 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2010, 07:22:29 PM »

Trance and Techno are really fun. My friends tend to laugh because the only reason I got into it was from rolling a lot back in high school.
I still listen to it on occasion.

I don't plan on dropping acid anytime soon, lol. Stuff like that really messes with you.

If you play Trance on a really good sound-system with a shit load of lazers and some hot girls then it should have the same effect. In other words, going to a Tiesto, A&B, or Deadmau5 concert would be just as euphoric. 

"Procrastination is like masturbation; feels good at first, but in the end you're only screwing yourself"
                                                                                  - Anonymous
Master Noob

18,030 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2010, 07:14:39 PM »

You definitely want to add Faithless to your list.

If you want to bring your metal/rock friends over with your taste, Pink Floyd was a progenitor of trance with a lot of ambience to it Meddle with its 23 minute Echo's and Ummaguma.

Other older things to try out would be Future Sound of London, Aphex Twin and Massive Attack. Although i tend more towards Sigur Ros and Royksop and other down tempo stuff.

Full Player

15,249 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2010, 12:59:10 AM »

You definitely want to add Faithless to your list.

If you want to bring your metal/rock friends over with your taste, Pink Floyd was a progenitor of trance with a lot of ambience to it Meddle with its 23 minute Echo's and Ummaguma.

Other older things to try out would be Future Sound of London, Aphex Twin and Massive Attack. Although i tend more towards Sigur Ros and Royksop and other down tempo stuff.

I've heard a lot of Aphex Twin's stuff. He's amazing at sampling. That's more Ambient and IDM than anything, though. Royksop's also pretty cool.

- Anonymous
Full Noob

Videos: 349
Guides: 4

17,059 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2010, 12:39:40 AM »

You ever heard of Chris Clark? He's not totally trance, but he's really artsy and sort of does all of the electronic music like Acid, House, Trance, etc. Some of his songs are just straight up experimental. I highly recommend that you guys check him out. Also, if you like listening to video game music in your free time, a long time favorite composer of mine was Richard Jacques. He composed for Sega games starting around the Saturn period, and my favorites by him are Sonic 3D Blast's OST and Sonic R's OST. A lot of people don't seem to like him, but I do   Tongue

ALG
Noob

15,428 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2010, 08:37:10 PM »

I enjoy trance but quite a few tracks put me off namely the one hour plus length tracks. I like trance style but length can become a contest in tedium no offense just stating a preference.

The Tiesto remix of Hide and Seek (kinda of old reference I know) always puts me in a calm place after a harsh day.

Pages: [1] 2
 Print 

Jump to: