Game Search

Forum Search

Pages: [1] 2 3
 Print 

Author Topic: Why Rap Isn't a Respected Genre  (Read 6119 times)
Master Player

Videos: 5
Guides: 5

19,880 gold
Give Gold
Gamers Unite, ya know?

View Profile
« on: August 25, 2009, 09:32:28 PM »

(O_o) (o_o) (o_O)
Master Player

Videos: 1,103
Guides: 28

12,629 gold
Give Gold
God of Pwnage

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2009, 09:39:28 PM »

I could spend days trying to think of something to say here, but nothing will ever top that post.

By reading this line, your soul officially belongs to me. Smiley

Quote from: Severed
Quote from: Tormentor
Ok then, if you ever have the time, I'd like for you to review............ Twilight.
I'd rather eat my own penis but thanks for the request.
...What?!...NO!
Average Player

Videos: 0
Guides: 0

19,135 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2009, 10:04:36 PM »

Yep he's a homophobe. He's too worried about his masculinity. I'm not saying anything against gays or anything, but the man must be gay if he's too worried about it.

I personally don't care if someone is gay, but if I think you're in denial of it and you're in the closet, I just might heckle that person to get a few laughs. I'd never pass up on a chance of picking on someone that's like Little Wayne who probably puts up a tough front to hide his feminine side. I'm not saying I go around calling people hateful slurs, but there is nothing funnier than calling out someone, who thinks they're tough and questioning their sexuality to see them get steamed and pissed off. That to me always makes me laugh.

Buuuuuut anyway, back on topic, I really don't mind rap. I'm really picky about it though. some of it can be innovative or possess some hard work and talent, but some of it doesn't click with me. Like P. Diddy, I never could figure out his appeal. I  find no emotion in his voice. he just sounds like no effort is being put into the music. He kind of mumbles when he raps too. And another thing, sampling, it might be appropriate for the poor man on the bottom that doesn't have the resources for a backup band, but common, write your own damn music. It's not that hard to come up with an original melody. Hell, if you're a successful rap artiest, like P Diddy, have or pay someone to write original music for you. you can afford the back up band, so have them play something new. don't rely on older successful songs to pave your way to success.

ok, now I'm rambling. this quitting smoking business is really getting to me lol. sorry about that.

"Gear Head"
Master Player

15,165 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2009, 03:38:53 AM »

Cant really say anything for that.... if you are looking for good rap check the early stuff.
Full Player

Videos: 65
Guides: 4

15,249 gold
Give Gold
Prince Charming

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2009, 01:49:31 PM »

wasnt queens frontman openly gay? and died of aids?

i like some rap and love classic rock, queen i like their song, but im just playin devils advocate
...What?!...NO!
Average Player

19,135 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2009, 10:36:27 PM »

wasnt queens frontman openly gay? and died of aids?

i like some rap and love classic rock, queen i like their song, but im just playin devils advocate

I don't think he was openly gay. I think it was one of those don't ask / don't tell things by the fans. He was obviously gay though. I can't see how people didn't really suspect... Not that there is anything wrong with being gay. Just to let any of you gamers out there, who might happen to be gay, know at least I don't find anything wrong with it.

Expert

Videos: 1,894
Guides: 45

48,168 gold
Give Gold
http://i3.ytimg.com/i/nlCUlIlK2JtnSJGVs3Xl2A/1.jpg

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2009, 01:56:09 AM »

Thank you for sharing this with us, it really brightened my day  Cheesy

In-Progress Walkthroughs:

Master Noob

15,456 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2009, 02:56:19 AM »

Cant really say anything for that.... if you are looking for good rap check the early stuff.

Im with you on that one.  The early stuff actually had meaning to it.  Crap nowadays is only about ho's and money with a catchy beat that has been used countless times.
"Gear Head"
Master Player

15,165 gold
Give Gold

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2009, 02:13:13 PM »

this is good rap.
Expert

Videos: 1,894
Guides: 45