If anyone could please let me know if there is a way to emulate Unchained/Union X Cross on a Macbook Air it would be gratefully appreciated. I already tried using Bluestacks and it didn't seem to be able to load the app Sad
I think Dead Men Tell No Tales/Salazar’s Revenge is pretty awesome! Its definitely one of my top 3 favorites of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies! It had an interesting reveal as well as an intriguing post credits scene… ?
Regarding some general thoughts on the movie: 1) The opening bank heist scene is definitely the series’ best opening scene, let alone possibly the best bank heist ever captured on film ? Its unbungalievably epic! I can’t wait to watch the special features on/hear or read possible commentary on how they made the scene. It would have made an excellent Lego set (let alone playable level), as Lego would be able to replicate the mechanics that they used with the carriage able to pull the building through town ? The “execution” scene was also just as unbungalievably epic and intense, and also would have made an excellent Lego set/level (even if altered to make it less violent). Seriously, the chopping block swings like an inch towards Jack’s head and then nearly lands on top of him! I also loved the sharks. They were thankfully included in a Lego set, and along with the “execution” scene was unbungalievable in D-Box. They, along with the rest of the movie is one of the best D-Box experiences that I’ve ever had ? The shark scene made me and another guy sitting nearby nearly jump out of our seats! For those who don’t know what D-Box is, they are motion-enabled seats that move with the movie’s action and other movements. Despite the higher price, aside from the unbungalievable experience enhancing, they are also reserved seats, as they will not work unless they have already been specifically paid for. They can be seen in either 3D or non-3D, and can also be adjusted to preferred motion levels, including no motion at all ? It’s definitely worth checking out any movie, that would offer it ?
2) Its not really a retcon of how Jack got his compass. As pointed out by the Pirates of the Caribbean Wiki and IMDB, Jack very well bartered the compass from his captain to Tia Dalma. It still came from Tia Dalma only Jack initially received it from his Captain and how he initially received it is just an untold layer of its story. Jack very well learned about the compass’ unique power through Tia Dalma and therefore discovered that it initially came from her.
3) I’m really surprised that people are wondering why Will is angry with Jack. Even though it was to save his life, Jack is the reason why Will is cursed in the first place. Would you not feel the same way? This also explains why Will had started becoming fishy; even though he is an honorable man who would do the job well, not even he can live this kind of life without feeling miserable and frustrated let alone running into problems, which could also be the cause and effect of the Flying Dutchman crew being out of control and a possible danger for Henry.
4) I do agree that the writers were lazy in explaining how & why Salazar and his crew were cursed; I was waiting the whole movie for them to explain it ever since they first appeared. Although, given that the Devil’s Triangle is another name for the Bermuda Triangle, they merely added more onto the Bermuda Triangle’s already mysterious nature.
5) I disagree with people’s criticisms about Carina and Henry. I thought that they were just as well introduced and just as well developed as when we were first introduced to Jack, Will, Elizabeth and the rest of the characters in Curse of the Black Pearl, albeit in a more hectic nature. Carina has become my second favourite character of the whole series behind Jack, and I personally like Henry much better than Will, both as a character and as an actor.
6) I really liked that for the first time in the series they actually showed flashbacks when explaining Salazar’s backstory. This is one of the reasons why Curse of the Black Pearl is one of my least favourites of the series: there is too much talky backstory explanation, which also throws off the movie’s overall pacing. Afterall, film is SHOW, don’t TELL. The use of flashbacks helped me feel more engaged with what was going on. Granted, at times the series did not essentially need flashbacks, such as when Barbossa was explaining what happened to the Black Pearl in On Stranger Tides, (which nonetheless was helped by the use of cannon fire sound effects), but it would have helped some of the lengthy and confusing explanation given in Curse of the Black Pearl and some of Dead Man’s Chest, especially when they talk about but don’t really explain certain things such as Cortes, whom I had no idea who he is, which also doesn’t help with their kind of accents and the way that they talk.
7) They could have explained her better, but overall I was fine with Shansa. There are obviously more “witchy”/fortune teller characters in the series, yet I actually thought they were going to bring Tia Dalma/Calypso back when I heard Shansa’s voice over in a TV spot, and I’m really glad that they didn’t. The Calypso stuff is what partly ruined At World’s End for me; I know that the Heathen Gods cursed the Medallions in Curse of the Black Pearl, but they went a little too far in directly featuring a God, which went against the series’ groundedness and sense of reality. They could have still kept most of the Calypso stuff without directly featuring her, having (most of) the Pirate Lords still believe that Tia Dalma is Calypso, but in reality can only channel Calypso’s power, and tries to use it to conjure the Maelstrom, only to have herself be over powered and fall to her doom in the process. The movie would have still been overall the same, while also having it be more like the other films, not only in reality, but in overall feeling. Out of all of the movies, At World’s End feels the least like a Pirates movie (which is ironic because it also features the most amount of pirates), largely because of the overuse of Calypso and other spiritual supernatural content. The other 4 movies were able to have their supernatural content feel grounded and believable, but At World’s End overdid it with things like Calypso and the Multiple Jacks, which felt out of place in the Pirates world. Ted Elliot and Terry Rossio stated on the At World’s End Extras that they “just went weird” in order to keep it unexpected, but On Stranger Tides (which they also wrote) and Dead Men Tell No Tales/Salazar’s Revenge (of which Rossio co-wrote the story), proved (regardless of how you overall feel about them), that they were still able to keep it fresh and grounded, if not unexpected, without having to go against the series’ overall reality.
I actually cried at Barbossa’s death ? It was so all of a sudden and quite unexpected, and yet still very beautifully well portrayed. Overall, they gave Barbossa a good send off with him becoming this powerful, rich pirate and achieving everything that he truly wanted, only to discover his true self, including the unexpected revelation that he has a daughter, which brought out his true humanity that we knew he had through other circumstances throughout the series. As well, he did NOT rejoin the navy, no matter what some people may think, despite still wearing the wig and having control of a fleet. Per his introduction in On Stranger Tides, he found the wig comfortable and saw it as a symbol of power and authority, and in having achieved it after all of these years of not being in high power and or having it taken away from him. I also cried at the end when Will & Elizabeth were reunited. It was a very beautiful way to give puncture to their story and truly added feeling onto the movie’s overall goal and overall moral of there ALWAYS being a way to fix ANYTHING, even if it seems pretty much impossible; No matter how impossible things seem, a powerful enough dream will overcome any darkness ?
The only things that I didn’t really like about the movie were a slight lack of/not as good music as Hans Zimmer’s original themes, and a weak final battle, which is also the series’ worst final battle. The final battle felt rushed; you can tell that they ran out of steam and were just trying to find the most efficient way to end it. I didn’t feel engaged with Jack’s battle with the Silent Mary Shipmast, and didn’t really get any kind of emotional revelation with him regaining his status as a favourite captain. I also agree that they should have had Will come in and help them, and I was actually quite certain that that was going to happen, but on the other hand, they already did that in At World’s End and it goes against the overall story and conflict, as it would prove that Will doesn’t essentially need to be rid of his curse as he and his crew can do so good when cursed, but overall they are their best selves when they are NOT cursed, again harkening back to a reason why Will was starting to become fishy and why the crew was a potential threat to Henry.
Geoff Zanelli did an overall great job with the music and did use a lot of the original themes, more so than in movies like the later Harry Potters and The Marvel Cinematic Universe, but the movie would have been so much better overall if it had been completely scored by Hans Zimmer; his music is what helps enunciate the Pirates world and while Zanelli is a good replacement, and his new music is overall good, with it some parts just didn’t really feel like Pirates, and more like a generic action adventure movie.
As of right now it is still not officially confirmed whether Ascendant, the fourth and final Divergent movie, is still happening, but if The Divergent Series: Allegiant sells well on Home Media, then it will help support Ascendant happening. They are so close to the finish line with only the resolving conclusion left to go; they cannot just leave the movie series at this point without it.
With them cutting Ascendant's budget down, they will be able to return to the same kind of effort and essence that they had with the first Divergent movie, as well as the kind of effort and essence that was put into The Maze Runner movies, all of which were made with a similar kind of lower budget. The lower the budget means that they will be able to focus more on the script and overall content that they are trying to portray, rather than overdoing it with an abundance of CGI and other stylized effects.
The release dates for Allegiant on 4K Blu ray/Blu ray/DVD are as follows:
July 12 2016 - North America July 13 2016 - France July 27 2016 - Australia
It will also be released on OnDemand and Digital HD Media on June 21 2016 in North America
Any country or continent not listed here should have their Home Media formats of the movie released at around the same time or fairly close to/not much farther from those listed.?
I'm not sure what you mean by that. Did the seam on the side rip open? If so maybe try stitching it back up, if you know how to sew that is. If not you can find easy tutorials online, its not too hard. If that isn't the problem, it could just be that whatever brand you buy started making them cheaper to cut costs or maybe that one pair was just a faulty pair. If it hasn't happened to all of your pairs I would say just forget about that one pair and throw them out. But if it keeps happening to all of them maybe try out a new brand. Good luck!
My anatomy broke the support on the right side of the boxers, causing that leg to not hold up as well as the left, leaving the whole boxer uneven
Several months ago the support in the fabric of the right side of my boxers broke, causing that section to become loose and as a result, the whole boxer feels uneven and not as snug as it was before.
I’ve been wearing these kind of boxers for over 2 years (some of these ones for over a year or pretty close to it, the others for only a little over 2 months) and have NEVER had this problem happen to me before. I tried fabric-softening most of them, and it did not seem to do anything,
If anyone could please help me out with a way to fix the boxers’ fabric, getting them back to feeling the way that they felt before, and or a way to prevent this from happening again, it would be eternally appreciated.
Personally, I am hoping for all of the Harry Potter and Kingdom Hearts games to be available on there, though for the latter I'd much prefer the Ps3 HD Remixes be available instead. Having the Ps2 versions get voted on may be a way to get them to consider it, plus even if they don't we have the next best thing to getting to actually play them on the Ps4. If anyone could please help me out by voting for some of my choices too it would be very much appreciated. I'd even help you guys vote for your choices as well ?
If your movie theatre offers Super tickets (movie tickets at a higher price that enable you to get an early digital copy) then buying them will help The Divergent Series: Allegiant to do well as over 90% of it will go towards the movie's gross. Even though they've said that The Divergent Series: Ascendant's movie (the grand finale of The Divergent Series movies) will still be happening with a trimmed budget, they could still change their minds about it later. If you or anyone that you know wants Ascendant to happen, then I'd suggest seeing Allegiant's movie as many times as you can, each time paying for those Super Tickets if possible.
I’m worried that the lighting/colour grading for the Fantastic Beasts movies will be taken too far like it was for Deathly Hallows Part 2. The lighting in that film was so dark that I pretty much could not see a freaking thing during the main, outside the castle part of the Battle of Hogwarts. I know that they were trying to make it dark to match the thematic tones of the story, but they did not need to make it so literally dark. Even something like Lord of the Rings, which was just as dark or more, did not go that far with its lighting and colour grading.
From what has been released so far the film appears to be following a similar kind of lighting style with similar darkish grey colouring. The story does not seem to be as dark and intense as DH2 was so there should be no reason why it will be near impossible to see certain things in the movie. If anyone reading this gets a chance to go to any test screenings, or has any sort of insider connections to the movie, would you please make sure that this is not an issue in any way?
Since I did a list of most anticipated TV shows, I thought I would also list and ask your guys’ top 5 most anticipated movies for this year, 2016, with an explanation as to why. I will start by giving an honourable mention to my buddy’s movie coming out in a week (in North America anyways): Deadpool Release dates: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1431045/releaseinfo?ref_=tt_ov_inf Probably the craziest movie I will ever see, and as such it has no specific place on my list. I am a fan of the character, the metahumor, and the series, but I am not a fan of the swearing, and most especially not the sexual content. And I am 23 years old. I am still looking forward to the movie for its unique style and the things that I liked mentioned above. 1) Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them Release dates: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3183660/releaseinfo?ref_=tt_ov_inf A Harry Potter spin off that expands more on the wizarding world! For the first time, we Harry Potter fans do not really have to compare it to a book, and can just enjoy it as a general movie! It is also from the director of one of the best Harry Potter movies, Deathly Hallows Part 1! Although I have been mixed towards his other 3 Harry Potter movies, his overall style has proven that he will do more good than bad with it. Just as long as he gives us lots of magical creatures and gives the best execution that there can be with it, then the movie should be “fantastic” [?IMG] 2)Finding Dory Release dates: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2277860/releaseinfo?ref_=tt_ov_inf Next to Toy Story 4, it is probably my most anticipated Pixar sequel. Very excited to see what happens next in their world! As long as Pixar does not take things too far, and remembers the essence of who they are and what makes their movies great, then the movie should be fine! 3) The Divergent Series: Allegiant Release dates: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3410834/releaseinfo?ref_=tt_ov_inf This 3rd Divergent movie looks like it could potentially be the best in the series yet! The movie will fundamentally expand on concepts of topian futures adding on some interesting science fiction elements not previously explored in the genre. It will also continue to dive into the depth of poignant character development that the series is so adept with. Plus, leading actress Shailene Woodely has never looked more beautiful! 4) Captain America: Civil War Release dates: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3498820/releaseinfo?ref_=tt_ov_inf AKA The Avengers: Civil War as all but two of the Avengers (Thor and Hulk) will be in the movie, plus Black Panther, Ant-Man, and Spider-Man, the latter two being my two favorite superheroes! On that note, this movie would have been ranked higher on my list had Andrew Garfield remained as Spider-Man. Most people should realize that had he stayed on they would have been able to follow the comic book storyline of Civil War more closely, as it would have tied in greatly with the Amazing Spider-Man series to have him reveal his identity after all the trauma with Gwen, Harry, his parents and the new drama within Civil War itself. While I can understand why they had to reboot Spidey AGAIN, it still feels like a greatly missed opportunity. Still, its from the directors of one of Marvel’s best movies ever, Winter Solider, and as noted, continues however slightly off of their another of their best movies ever, Ant-Man. 5) X-Men Apocalypse Release dates: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3385516/releaseinfo?ref_=tt_ov_inf Should be very interesting to see where they go with this film, with the inclusion of younger versions of the X-Men characters that we know and love from the previous movies (including the much awaited return of Nightcrawler!). The addition of new characters and promised “disaster movie”-like action not seen in the previous movies should also be neat to see.
I for one am not hating on the Shadowhunters TV show. I see a lot of potential in it and would like to see it last a long time. The show offers up a simple but interesting take on the series.
At first I was kinda annoyed at the technology in the Institute, but now that I think about it it makes more sense for them to track all of these supernatural monsters. I also liked the use of flashbacks to help explain things. You should often not use flashbacks, but the way that they used them here was a coherent way of explaining the back story and key information. Plus, they timed the flashbacks at the right moment when you would be asking questions pertaining to what they are about to show. I also grew to like that Jocelyn gave Clary a Stele, as she knew that she would need protecting and in her mind figured out that it would maybe protect her more from the Shadowhunter world now that Magnus' effects were starting to wear off. Better actually then just hoping that nothing would happen and sitting there and doing nothing about it.
All of the characters are pretty much exactly how I imagined them when reading the books. They were also for the most part well casted too. I do not understand the hate towards Katherine McNamara as Clary. She brought out the kind of traits I imagined Clary to have when reading. I also especially felt emotionally connected to her when she returned home right before she was attacked by the demon for the first time. I have seen much much worse acting in many critically acclaimed movies than in this show. If anything, on this show its not so much the acting but the writing and directing which is still pretty good (much more confident and focused than in the movie for sure), but just seems to be lacking a bit with regards to certain characters' mannerisms like Jace, who is still good casted but is just miswritten/misdirected.
Despite some miswrittings/misdirectings though, I like how they expanded on certain character elements from the books like Clary going to an art college, the expansion of Simon's band with Maureen, even the stuff they did with Dot aka Dorothea from the books. Plus, I just loved the "light sabre" seraph blades (and I am not even a Star Wars fan). Having Magnus Bane be involved with the club also made perfect sense as that would be the type of thing that he would be involved with, plus its a good set up or his character.
Actually, the more that I think about it as I write this, I almost think I like the Tv show better than the books and the books are one of my to favourite series of all time. Like I said, the show has potential for what it is and I know fro experience that people should give it at least a couple of episodes (maybe until at least up to episode 5 or 7) and then if they do not like it then they can give up on it. Certain Tv shows I did not like have now become my absolute favourites of all time as a result of me giving them a chance after watching at least half a season of them. Many other people I know also agree with me on this and have had similar results, some even more so than me in fact.
I know many others who agree with me on the show, and to anyone reading this, if you would give what we have to say about it a chance, then it would mean a lot to us. Myself and many of these people would do the exact same thing for you guys in return. Anything like a person ,or even a TV show for that matter just needs time to bloom. All it takes is patience. While it may be hard to bear sometimes, it can usually end up being more than worth it in the end.